Rendering device lost

Hi Guys

It frustrates me to open this topic here because I’ve now seen posts about it that go back to 2018… (Today is April 26h, 2024).

I’ve had a newly assembled PC for gaming for couple of months now. Of course I want to play OW casual or rank with friends. Unfortunately, the game quickly crashed every time I played it, with the message: Rendering device lost…

My specifications:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X

I think my specs are enough for the game ^^. However, it is annoying when you start a ranking round and then crash twice per match and rejoin again. In addition, I receive a penalty.

So far I have done the following:

• Everything uninstalled and deleted
  • Client changed (from Steam to Battle.net)
  • Superfetch/SYSmain activated
  • Reinstalled
  • In-game graphics settings adjusted (even everything on low)
  • GPU reset
  • Windows newest version
  • Driver newest version
  • BIOS reset
  • Asked in Discords (without success)

Unfortunately, it also despairs me to see how long a problem like this simply cannot be solved at the same time and I hope that the community has found the solution and can share it with me.

This doesn’t make me very optimistic, but I am open to ideas and solutions to implement.

I thank everyone already ^^

Zijaah

1 Like

It’s an issue the developers have already addressed in another thread.

as i thought… so simply said, i cant play it bc the devs cant fix that?

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t make the software or drivers for AMD, so the fix likely needs to come from them.

i see ppl with the same cpu and gpu combination where it works. i also downloaded older and newer versions… So i accept it, that i cant play this game bc of this issue…

I see you mentioned a BIOS reset, but have you checked the BIOS version against the latest version available from your mobo’s manufacturer? For my AM4 ASUS mobo, updating my BIOS firmware would ‘Improve System stability’ according to ASUS BIOS version notes. I performed the update which happened to fix a lot of my ‘GPU crashes’ while playing Overwatch. My system isn’t new any more, but it’s all AMD, yet ASUS is still coming out with new BIOS versions as of 2024 to improve things even though the motherboard came out in 2018. I only recommend doing this if you don’t suffer from power blackouts or have a UPS, so you don’t brick your mobo while it’s updating, also remember to take a backup of your old bios version in case the new one doesn’t work out for you.

Another thing to check would be if you have the latest AMD Chipset drivers installed.

1 Like

Swap your GPU with another.