Rendering Device Lost

Hello, I recently switched to an MSI GeForce Seahawk GeForce RTX 2080 and for the first few days I was fine, no crashes or anything. However, just tonight i started getting “Rendering Device Lost” errors. The only thing I have changed was OCing my CPU (Ryzen 5 2600) and changing to Razer Synapse 2 instead of 3.

I’m not big on this situation but i know a few things can help, check for corrupted files in the game with the scan and repair option, check for missing or corrupted files in your OS, close every background application that’s currently in the background, turn off discord or any sort of overlay and update to the newest version of your OS or drivers, check for overheating components.

1 Like

Have you tried rolling back these changes to see if it corrects the issue?

No, I haven’t tried reverting it. I changed my synapse version so my fps wouldn’t drop though. I’ll try putting my CPU back to 3.4GHz

i am a RTX 2070 user with a I5 - 6600K processor.
I turned off G-Sync in my Nvidia configuration and ever since i have had only 1 “device lost” crash.

You might wanna give that a try.

Yeah, the Razer thing I understand, but maybe the CPU is unstable with the overclock.