Rendering device lost on Acer Nitro 5

Hi, I am having this issue with ‘Rendering device lost’ on my Acer Nitro 5 with rx 560x video card and ryzen 2500. I freshly installed windows 10, downloaded all the recommended drivers from acer for my laptop and this error always occurs after 2 games (when the second game finishes and play of the game ends I get the error). I do not know what to do from here on. I tried running the game on 70 fps, as it was suggested, on ‘performance’ mode and also checked the RTX possible fix with the HDR stuff (made sure it is off in the display menu), also tried windowed mode, but I still get this. I play Destiny 2 and Diablo III without a single issue, I have my windows 10 on the latest October update, but it seems like the ‘most demanding’ game I play has those issues, any suggestions? By the way the laptop is BRAND NEW, no overclocks done.

Can you confirm in dxdiag what driver version is displayed for the GPU ? if you want feel free to send the dxdiag here in between the code tags “</>” You may also consider downloading the RX 560 drivers directly from AMD if you haven’t done that yet. Before you do that though I would suggest you remove the current driver fully.

Hi,

cannot do that right away, but I already did a fresh re-install of the drivers with DDU, the thing is that there are no suitable available drivers on the amd site for rx 560x (yes 560x), the drivers listed there for rx 560 do not match for 560x, so I had to use the ones from acer site for my model. The thing is I do not see how you can go 2 games in a roll without issues and when the second one finishes to get the issue, it is like I do not feel the issue is with my laptop but mostly the game, but blizzard do not want to admit it…

That driver offered by Acer is probably the best one since it is optimized for your specific laptop model. If you want to try and rule it out , you can try the AMD site and go through the auto detect option. If it finds a driver it will be un-optimized but may be exactly the thing you want to avoid this error.

I was getting this error too but in my case I was overclocking my GPU. My system is a beast though so I’m not seeing any issues from the patch. It’s worked flawlessly since day one of playing this game but I do feel your pain.

Good luck !

Thanks for the reply!

It is not that annoying as Overwatch for me is the break between playing D3 and Destiny 2, but it is indeed annoying. But I do not do more than 3-4 games, so I can live with it, but I like fixing such issues and digging in :slight_smile:

I have this issue, and cannot seem to find a fix. Do I just play with the vega 8 instead?