"Rendering device lost" error persists after troubleshooting

Hello, I have recently purchased Overwatch and have been trying to play the game. However, periodically mid match my game will put out the “Your rendering device has been lost” error message, and then force me to close the game.

I have; scan and repaired, updated drivers, closed applications, and ensured that Superfetch(SysMain) is enabled. I do not have any overclock applied and my system is well above the minimum requirements. Most of my components are current, the only exception being my GPU that is still a gtx780. I understand that it’s an older and unsuported card, but it is still well above the advertised GTX 460 minimum.

I would like to know if there are any solutions to this issue as it is preventing me from enjoying this game that I have just purchased. If not, are there any options for refund. As while I would like to play, this persistent issue does prevent that.

Edit: I have also now tried to bypass the blizzard launcher by doing a shortcut to the exe, as well as deleting the overwatch folder, re-launcing, and changing the settings.ini to read only. Im also now being penalized in game lmao.

Nothing is overheating, none of my system resources are above 50%. I cant find anything to aid in this issue.

I have now also gone through windows 10 file system checker and everything was good. Even still, in my first match after booting up I crashed.

What makes you think it’s unsupported? It’s on the list as “GeForce GTX 700 series” here:

That said, we can’t begin to guess why the problem is happening without any system data. Your post should include, at the least, a DxDiag.

Unsupported as in Nvida no longer fully supports it to my understanding. The only driver updates it gets are for security patches.

I have opened a support ticket with my MSInfo and DxDiag attached. I would rather not post all the information provided in the DxDiag to a public forum. Ya, this is being over cautious but still. I have not gotten any response in the support ticket and am unsure how long to wait for it.

In the diagnostic section of the DxDiag.txt this error report is repeated.

+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 141
P2: ffffd18fca6e8460
P3: fffff80144c70b88
P4: 0
P5: 37f8
P6: 10_0_19044
P7: 0_0
P8: 768_1
P9: 
P10: 

In the different instances of this error the, I assume memory position, p2 is pointing towards changes, however the rest of the values including p3 remain the same.

There is also this second error that only appears once and may just be an anomaly.

+++ WER6 +++:
Fault bucket 1531354819581989641, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Overwatch.exe
P2: 1.72.0.34698
P3: 10.0.19044.2.0.0
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Idk if this information is of any help. If there is something specific that you are looking for I could consider providing it.

Thank you for reaching out at least.

Those two errors just say:

1. the GPU stopped taking commands from Windows
  2. available RAM is low and Overwatch requires a large portion of what’s leftover

The full report is requested for all new tech support threads. I can check out an MSInfo if you want to link to one instead of post. Or you can wait for the ticket system.

Pinned at top of forum:

What to do if you Need More Help

Technical issues can be very frustrating to try to diagnose on your own. Fortunately we have both a helpful community and support staff who can help locate the problem with you. If you prefer to troubleshoot with the community/blue posters and see if anybody else is having similar issues, start a thread with this information:

For all technical issues:

1. Create a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here
  1. A list of any troubleshooting you’ve performed already.
  2. A description of what you’re doing when the problems happen, any error messages received, and what it ‘looks like’ to you when it happens.

Source: Common Technical Issues and Solutions - #30 by Drakuloth

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.