Rendering device lost... Blizzard and NVIDIA support cant help me

Hello, I want to share my Experiences with this issue…
I have this issue with 2 cards:

• RTX 2060 OC edition (6gb VRAM)
  • GTX 1060 (6gb VRAM)

I’ve tried EVERYTHING the blizzard support team had to offer:

• changing the game name
  • reinstall drivers
  • checking my drives for potential malfunctions
  • changing PCI-E slots etc
  • removing potential interveining software
  • Overcocking
  • Underclocking
  • NVIDIA Debug mode
  • NVIDIA Control panel settings recommended by Blizzard Support team
    (Pre rendered frames etc…)
  • MUCH more

I even went as far to reinstall windows completely…
Wiping everything off my harddrives it still happens…
Debug mode made it less frequent it did NOT solve it so i went to NVIDIA support with this as the blizzard support team send me to them as i tried everything… after multiple stress tests and benchmarkings to test if my hardware is faulty… it was NOT… and now i got told by the NVIDIA support team it is a issue with the game and has to be solved by the DEV team of Overwatch… it kinda makes sense since these crashes did NOT happen in other games… i actually was recording for a Overwatch video as it happend… so footage is available of what happens to me…
Crash footage
My specs are:

• Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB
  • Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
  • 32 Gigabyte RAM (2133 hertz)
  • Intel Core i7-7700K Quad core CPU
  • Gigabyte Z170-x Gaming Motherboard
    I hope the DEV team reads it and will be used to help because i’ve lost Hunderds of SR bc of it i dont even dare to play comp at this point…
2 Likes

And yet Blizzard claims to have spoken to NVidia directly who told them they would be fixing the problem within their drivers. At the moment I am inclined to believe Blizzard unless there is an actual post from NVidia saying that they believe Blizzard needs to solve it.

Have you checked this possible workaround yet for RTX graphics cards?

OwenEerens,

Based on the behaviors in the system files you sent our support agents, I don’t think you need Nvidia or our help with this. You likely need the help of a certified PC technician. In addition to the driver level crashes you’re having which crash the game, you’re also receiving this bluescreen code.

The BSOD you had was a c0000005 memory access error. It could be as simple as a bad driver, or as complicated as dying hardware (likely not your GPU, since you are using multiple. The game doesn’t cause BSODs on its own, and so we are limited in how much we can help with them. I am not a PC technician or a Microsoft tech, I can tell you that you can try a few things to see if it will help:

• Disabling Overclocking and XMP in your BIOS. You’ll need to look up how to do this online.
  • Running Memory scans in case it’s a problem with bad memory.
  • Checking for overheating. We’re happy to help you read this test if you’d like. Follow the instructions below for this.

Grab hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`

@WyomingMyst not to be anything… but i’ve tried ANYTHING in the book

You’ve bumped a post that is two months old. Do you have RTX card, please check the workraound in this thread:

I like i already said did that… i’ve had 7 conversations about it in the past 2 months… multiple times i’ve been told that and waay more other stuff… i even have a screenshot of one of your collegues saying i tried EVERYTHING in your power to resolve it… i checked with nvidia its no Dying hardware either… due the fact that we did MULTIPLE stability tests and stress tests… for up to 90 minutes a component including… CPU, both GPU’s Both Memory cards the SSD’s and HDD’s

I just had this error today, RENDERING DEVICE LOST, with no issues before the sigma update

Owen,

Did you ever fix the bluescreen errors I mentioned? If so, can you post a new DXDiag for me? It’s been 2 months since we last worked on this so a ton may have changed.

no blue screens are being shown… i’ve linked a video about it on youtube but since 2 patches ago it stopped so i think the problem is patched ingame i have no issues anymore