Rendering device has been lost

So until the last patch earlier this week, I wasn’t having any issues, in fact I played all day yesterday without any problems.

Now, I get this error every 2 games consistently (Have attempted to play about 20 games so far) and I’ve no idea why. I’ve never had this issue until literally today

My PC specs are as follows:
Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming Motherboard
Intel i7 8700 @ 4.3Ghz
16GB’s Corsair Vengance RGB @ 3200MHz
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1060 GPU

My CPU is technically overclocked and putting it back to factory didn’t fix it. The RTX series GPU setting’s didn’t fix it (And honestly having to manually re-log into Overwatch every time is silly this way because it skips the entire Blizz launcher), and I’m out of solutions to try (I searched the web and tried the services fix and I just finished a fresh install, Drivers/Windows are updated and rolling it back didn’t solve anything.

Help.

The RTX renaming method is only meant for RTX graphics cards so it won’t even work for a 1060. The issue with RTX is that Nvidia’s profile messes with some RTX graphics cards.

In it self rendering device lost is just a generic error code and it is meant as a safety measure to stop your system from crashing completely.

You will want to provide a DXDiag inside a blockquote (replace “blockquote” with copy/paste of your DXDiag) if the DXDiag is too big you can also post it on pastebin and share the hash code after the .com/.

1 Like

DxDiag for those who know more than I do about this stuff: CNKxSa4W

Your issue is probably related to the Razer device(s) you’re using.

I’ll see if there’s an update for Razer Synapse 3 then and will report back if the problem persists, but I didn’t have this issue until yesterday night even though I have the program installed so that’s a bit weird to me. But who knows in the world of coding!

Thanks for the response! I’ll see what changes if I need to rollback Synapse 3 or see if there’s an update altogether! :slight_smile:

Okay, let us know how it goes!

Alright, update:

Literally everytime synapse is open it will crash the game 100% of the time now.

Disabling/Turning it off fixes that issue completely! Thank you for the help!

Glad you figured it out. Good luck in your games!