Rendering device has been lost (W10x64 1809 + NV 416.16) with HDR+WCG

Ran into a problem after installing the October update for Windows 10 x64 (1809) and updating the GPU drivers…

The problem occurs when HDR+WCG setting is enabled in the Windows display settings.
Without HDR+WCG enabled the game starts normally.

• At startup Overwatch freezes to a black screen and some artifacts + mouse cursor not moving
  • Error message (thrown in the background) : Your rendering device has been lost
  • I’m able to get out of it with ALT+tab or the windows key but the game can not be closed from the taskbar
  • It’s not possible to get another program (like task manager) to display on the screen)
  • Validating/closing the error message by “blindly” using the keyboard does not close the game either
  • Essentially a reboot/logoff is needed to get things back to normal

Windows 10 x64 1809 (October update)
Nvidia Driver 416.16 (DDU in safe mode + clean install)
Power management mode : prefer maximum performance
Resolution: 4K 60Hz RGB 8bpc 32-bit colors
Output dynamic range: Full (limited gives same result)

MB: ASUS X-99-M WS / CPU: i7-6950X / RAM: 32GB (3200Mhz CL14) / GPU: EVGA 1080TI FTW3 / SSD: Samsung 960 Pro / PSU: EVGA G3 1000W

edits: fixing typos

Man i have the same problem with this drivers but in my case i have this issue whe use SDR, in native resolution Is ok (1080) , the Solution Is go back to early drivers, :frowning: , sorry for the crappy english :stuck_out_tongue:

same issue here, reported 2 days ago to both blizz and nvidia , still no fix… for now i reverted to an old nvidia driver which has fixed the issue