Remove widow from game

i know that they design about hero switching, but this concept failed at multiple points.
They keep adding chars that need to get hard countered or get shredded.
Widow has no real counter other then genji. DVA and Winston both need to reach her, and thats most of the time not possible without giving huge pressure on your team.

Short answer: positioning issues. if u get rolled by FTH or Reaper you are out of position PERIOD!

Queue up with group finder if u think u can never play your main.

Sorry but Overwatch is the wrong game for you, sir. If u don’t enjoy the idea of working as a group to eliminate a threat and overpowering the enemy by forcing your brains upon them, you should think about playing singleplayer games more.
If there is a bastion, his team has to build around him or he will not be able toprovide any value at all. This means there will be no other real wincondidion for the enemy team and all you have to do is killing bastion and mercy if they have one so you can win the fight. Also hitting a headshot is by far not an easy task in overwatch as movement changes are immetiate. get moving more unpredictable and widows will kill you less. move in a straight line or not even at all? landing a headshot on people like you is SUPPOSED TO be easy!

Mei, throw up a wall, block her LoS.
Other Widow and be better.
Hanzo and be better.
DVA, dive her, def matrix.
Winston, dive her, shield.
Hammond, dive her.
Be literally any hitscan and target her from behind your teams shield.
Ashe and be better.
Genji and deflect her HS back.

1 Like

You sir, stil haven’t unterstood the concept of a shield.

3 Likes

??? okay this proves that you don’t know how this game works.

Here is a list of the MANY direct widow counters:

1. Genji
  2. Winston
  3. Widow
  4. Dva
  5. Tracer
  6. Pharah (if you know what your doing)
  7. hanzo

EDIT: LITERALLY ANYTHING WITH A SHIELD

3 Likes

Also it’s not fun discussing and explaining stuff to you as u seem to not care about what is being said and keep repeating the same, already countered, arguments. I will now stop responding.

1 Like

Widow, if anything, is too weak, sorry

2 Likes

You all realize the OP is trolling, right?

They must be trolling. Nobody can be so daft. Don’t take the bait.

1 Like

Taking into account that he is a Plat player with very few hours of game time i would not nessecarily call that. I also can understand that at this elo oneshot abilities seem to be dictating the path of a whole game because not everyone is able to provide good positioning and is not very familiar with the concept of countering properly and the concept of spacecreation and -usage or other basic concepts of the game.

look at my widow stats, and i rarely play her, its not hard!

you didnt counter a single argument :;D

Cause if widow is so easy coutnered, why is the owl a whole long season in a meta where her coutners are all vaible and the strongest still the game deciding factor?

then play her yourself an get instant gm

1 Like

yes, and that is why widow has 99% pickrate in all ranks, right?

oh wait… her pickrate isnt even that high… maybe you just need to git gud…

I have played from high bronze to now low plat, and I have yet to see these forums bastions and forum reapers… even after the buffs to reaper, I can destroy him on almost any character. maybe you just…

Need to git gud??

what are you talking about???
list of widow counters:
Widow
Genji
Dva
Winston
Sombra
Tracer
Hanzo(to an extent)
Mei(also to an extent)
Wrecking Ball
Literally any cover or shield in the entire game!
only genji you say???

you do know that widow is the opposite of meta right now, right?? owl is not decided by the widows, its decided by the best goats.

^ What Bioshyn said

1 Like

Guys its time to close the thread. I checked his activity and all this guy is about since holidays is that he has a lot of time for complaining that the game is not the way he wants it and that he cant do the things he wants to. there is no real discussion in any of his threads, just constant whimping about how hard his life is and how unfair the game is. I think Matt pointed out the only real answer to anything he said:

Git Gud

2 Likes

Where are these good widow players, definitely not on my team xD

by your logic, u saying that i cant run a gengji, hanjo, ashe, mcree, tracer, dva, winston, lucio, shield tank, wrecking ball, sombra, ana, dive comp, or goatz to stop a widow from winning the game outright? if u dive her position she forced to reposition, and taking fights up close is extremely hard, especially when even if she scoped in, going to the right of her takes u completely out of her sights as she has to look for u again. if a widow headshots a monkey an takes him down with while he dives her, that widow deserves a gold metal.

To be successful with a Widow you need good AIM. That is much more than that what you can expect of other classes, as example:

Stun + Fan
Trap + Bomb
Freeze + Headshot
Rocket Punch against a wall
A targetless arrow

If you get killed by a headshot, then life with it and check your positioning or pick a counter.

As someone at your exact elo… where the heck are you seeing good widows? Widows are rare to begin with and when they’re played I can three tap them with Ana and usually win. They’re that inaccurate. Widow has pretty hard carry potential and is mostly mechanics so idk how there’d be mechanically strong widows in low plat. I definitely don’t run into them. Maybe tell your healers to not move in a straight line when they don’t have shield cover.

…is this real? Just play D.Va 4head. Or stop moving in straight lines.

I thought this was another post from Pie. Woops.

Anyways, -insert typical just click her head response-

1 Like

nope :smiley:
This game is dying and telling why i think its dying.
It also seems from the likes i get in general that my requests aren’t too off.
No one speaks about widow cause you try hards “get gud” guys shut words against your holy widow off with false claims!. Widows need far less skill then the one who counters them. Thats a constant complain from me. Specific heroes need more skill to coutner then to play themself, and that shouldn’t happen at any game.
Reaper is much easier to play then to counter. Widow is much easier to play then counter, only a other widow makes her life hard.
Mei, same again.

i have sniperss in more then half of my games! And they always are super stupid to play against.

WIDOW NEEDS TO GET HARDER TO PLAY!!!
She needs to get out of scope when getting dmg thrshold, no close range sniping anymore, no steady scope, move it a bit, like other games do!

That is not what this game does. It just is brawling and drawing a luck card who gets the joker (team play) and who not. There is no such thing as team play in 90% of the games,. Designing of this lack of teamplay is the problem of the game