Remove role que already

You cannot know for certain what percentage of the total playerbase likes 222 and what percentage doesn;t.

Team compositions are now equal. For a competitive shooter game, that’s most certainly an improvement.

Obviously we can’t know for certain. The 2/3 majority (in favour of 222) is the so-called ‘accepted’ result from several strawpolls and metastudies. Its the rule of thumb value thats thrown around because we don’t have much else to go on.

Team compositions were always able to be equal. Now they’re just less flexible and less real-time adaptive. The locked-in jail and lack of creativity is less competitive, on combinatorial grounds. The 222 shooter game is a contrived subset of what it was - with in fact less shooting. So this doesn’t seem like a universal improvement.

And then all that gets offset with the diminished (presumably) playerbase as a result. So now with 222 you have less vying for competition to go around.

Literally the only people complaining about 2-2-2 is the DPS. Pick up a tank or support role to play (and actually play the role as intended and not a 3rd dps).

But I want to have fun!

This is competitive. Its not there to be fun, its there for serious people who want to challenge/get better at the game. Don’t like it? Quick play. Still don’t like it? The door to other games is right over there.

2 Likes

Yeah and that kind of dumb logic will see the game going completely dead and people waiting 30 minutes to play anything.

QP Classic is always an option, plus the queue feels alot quicker. In a weird way, it feels more chill because you can play anything so long as someone else hasn’t selected the hero you wanted.

And who knows maybe people discover something new about a support / tank role they haven’t before at the very least it’s a learning experience. Sure it’s not a 1 for 1 because now you are in control of the character but try to look back at all those times a Zarya bubbled you to to safety or a support patched you up when you were down. No harm in having a new perspective of things.

Or remember those times a Tank or Support on the enemy team well, killed you. Maybe you can use this as revenge in some sense. Give them an anti nade so they are down a few pegs. Charge into that one guy because you can and relish in their defeat (do be careful to charge close to your own team and not the enemies because it can soon be turned into a regret. Please, always charge responsibly).

If that isn’t your jam, that is A okay (so long as you aren’t throwing or not helping the team ; w ; ) Good luck and have fun.

I’d rather a DPS player only pick tank (or support) if they’re actually going to play them as tank (or support).

If they’re going to play them as DPS then they shouldn’t bother because all they’ll get is reports for Gameplay Sabotage.

Question: am I an idiot for having fun in Comp instead of being serious?

1 Like

I play dps support only and did not get even aif warning so far. Yes i deranked and stabilized around 2k this way, but i have matches after 2 min and kinda can play dps as moira or ana

Kind of you to admit to throwing on the forums. Makes it easier for Blizzard to take action against your account(s).

1 Like

They can i do not care tbh. Moved away from OW just playing 3-4games a week anyway. But i really love the tilt when a dps did Q for 13 min and i play dps moira :slight_smile:

And its not like there are enough dps Anas, Flanker Hogs, left click reins etc. That just Q doge the long dps Q times. You wanted 2-2-2 so deal with it :wink:

Not only thrower but a sadistic jerk as well.

Here’s hoping you get perma-banned as it’s the least you deserve. This community doesn’t need players like you in it (and I feel sorry for the community of whatever game you’ve moved onto).

2 Likes

Which part of me not playing this game besides a few matches here and there do you not understand? The matches i play i do not want to sit in Q but play. And as i wamt to pöay dps i take the closest char to fit what i want from another class

Doesn’t matter. Your actions impact 11 other people in each of those few matches.

And that’s throwing.

You’re queuing as Support so your team is going to expect you to play as Support, not 3rd DPS.

They’re expecting to have 2 healers and due to your selfishness you’re forcing them to play with only 1.

Blizzard expect people playing the Support role to fulfil their expectations for that role. Doing damage is not one of those expectations.

What you’re doing is reportable as Gameplay Sabotage, and the sooner you are banned for that the better.

This game doesn’t need players like you ruining it for others because you’re being selfish and petty.

So why am i not banned yet? I do it every time since the roleQ beta… i really do not mind a ban. I play mostly CS (100x better fps) and wait for RDR2 on PC. And from time to time i play DPS suppoet on OW. Btw. I am always going for a win. I do play tp win, just not in the way you would like

Because you haven’t received enough reports for the system to suspend you, obviously.

I feel sorry for those game’s communities since you’re part of them.

No, you’re not. If you were you’d play Support as Support.

It’s not about what I like. It’s about what Blizzard expects of each role.

A Support doing DPS only is not what they expect of the Support role.

Well too bad than. Btw. I play ESEA/Faceit in CS and it is a game where you all play the same role and have all the same Q times so no need to doge them.

You feel so personaly assaulted that i think you should reconsider your approach to games. There is LFG or PUGs where you can play with people who will play as you want. Otherwise deal with what the random MM gives you

1 Like

I mean tanks are hunky dps

Well, uh… 80% of this community won’t agree with you.

Lol, you think they put RQ in because they listened to the community? No, it’s for their sweet sweet cash cow OWL… and we don’t mean sh1t to them because we are not buying enough lootboxes for them

stop being bad in dps and choose somersetting else maybe?