Remove Role Q its making ppl quit the game

Tbh I’m barely playing the game at this point.
I used to play about 50% dps but now I can only play support or tank cause of the >10 min q every game, I q longer than I actually play!!!

And I’m so TIRED of it.
I cant swap if someone does bad. Since role q I feel like ppl got way more toxic as well. Its like everyone is looking for someone to blame for something instead of trying to play better.

The tanks are boring af to play a lot cause of their stupid designs… and why are there so little support and tank hero options? I mean no wonder there are 10x the dps than tank and support.

And then we just get uncooperative ppl who want to dps on support or tank without cooperating. Who just didn’t q dps cause of the wait time.

Since it came out I can see how all my friends throughout the roles and sr ranges just started quitting the game.

And the icing on the cake is that quickplay has even more wait time now. Cant even chill in qp unless you play tank…

6 Likes

blizzard heard people were having fun and implemented role q.

#DeleteRoleQ

2 Likes

Its not really role queue that is the problem is it can you imagine goats now that sigma is in play? or the ammount of shields that would be in play with 4 tanks 2 healers?

I mean shields are nerfed in ptr majorly. However keeping role q cause of individual hero balance being bad sounds a bit questionable.

Shields are nerfed to make tanks more fun to fix the game if you remove role queue it does not matter if shields are nerfed sigma will be run as a dps because of how strong he is same for hog vs new shields.

Dude what difference does it make? I can run on Sig and Hog just the same right now. Role q has no affect on terrible hero balance. Unless if you have more than 2 op broken heroes in one class the same meta you cant run all 3 of them cause roles are 2 2 2.

Sigma hog I see stomping my games a lot anyway. And losing after 15min q time feels so much worse than knowing I can just quickly make up for it and win and hop back into the game…

Because orisa/hog and sigma are all op if they are played together? you want to play double shield with a hog in it or?

My group of people i normally did play with stopped after RoleQ. I barely play more than 3 matches in 2 weeks. So it is working as intended i guess. And i am a support main and not a dps main

2 Likes

Whats next triple tank defending a bastion with a mercy/bap?

Given that there are folks who actually like role queue, I’d suggest instead of removing it that role-less qp and comp simply be re-added side by side on the same game menu as the current 222 options

That way, both sides have what they want

Ehh even though I totally understand this complaint, but since such play styles pre - 2/2/2 role - mostly revolved around people switching from Tank/Healers to DPS and therefore handicapping their whole team as a result, so replay I’m kinda glad that’s gone…

In my experience it has been the exact opposite, but really either way that’s not a problem of role - lock…

So… Just like it has always been in Overwatch?? :thinking::thinking:

Again, not a problem of 2/2/2 role - lock, but a balance/design problem…

I understand this complaint, but unfortunately the only thing you can do is report those people and avoid them and hope Blizzard keeps their word to release the ban hammers that they promised against such players when role - lock came out.

I’m sorry that has been your experience, but for me and tons of other people, the exact opposite has happened…

Somewhat understandable and that because you still have Quick Play Classic 24/7 at your disposal.

I am going to go out on a limb and say the players that hate role queue are primarily DPS players.

Got news for you, because DPS players refused to balance teams before role queue - you now have role queue. Look at it as a kind of punishment for being selfish and unwilling to play as a team.

So, if that is you - go away. The game will get better after you leave.

Yeah DPS players should be PUNISHED for enjoying one of the SIXTEEN dps heroes that they could play all they wanted for FOUR YEARS. The other roles combined still have less heroes than DPS. It’s Blizzard’s fault. Not the players.

Yeah if you queue anything but only DPS you’ll get the other role 99/100 times

Another DPS main who sucks at the other roles and doesn’t want to learn them properly leaves. WIN! The system is working wonderfully. Keep it up and there will be so few DPS mains left the queue might be short enough for me to bother selecting it.

My only problem with role queue is not being able to switch. I personally think role queue is fun, the dps wait times you might think are bad but imagine me who waits almost 30 mins for a game on DPS in southwest asia. I dont complain tho. I just hate the fact if someone sucks on a position or if 2 people on tank run double off tank i would lose that match

In 1 year overwatch 2 comes out and those players will be back…I imagine roles and hero’s will be different for overwatch 2… personally I love this game…it better than anything else I could be playing.

Personally, I’m of the opinion that half the DPS population arnt even good dps.