Remove portrait borders

I checked my privilege, it said it wasnt a big deal.

2 Likes

I don’t think anything about you, I don’t even know you. All I said was I didn’t understand the point you were trying to make with your comment.

They already said they have plans for that. For OW2.

1 Like

Not you. I mean the border shaming people.

My point is that I want to be a meme Hog. I just need to go on a loss streak and voila. Gold border, gold Hog ready to give them some candy.

Well, this is a problem for another reason, but regardless, they could solve this by making the border a switchable option, people who want it can have it switched on, people who don’t want it could turn it off so it doesn’t show.

1 Like

For interest.

2 Likes

Or, you know, we could just not let it get to us? Do you know how sad the life of a rank shamer or a border shamer must be? That this thing in a game most people play for fun, has enough value in their little world to where it somehow means anything to them. No, don’t take that away. Like those casually dropping racial slurs, its another tool to identify unsavory characters with inferiority complexes.

I mean, yeah, that should have just been a default option. Blizzard is a bit… um… they sometimes overlook common sense changes.

They’re taking it out in ow2. Already confirmed. But they did say they were working on a way to highlight play achievement some other way

2 Likes

Yeah sorry I hadn’t seen that post before.

Cool, but you get people who throw games because of this stuff. It just exacerbates a huge problem in the game.

1 Like

Idk. I’m a lot more forgiving if I see a bronze no-star doing stupid stuff than if it were a silver 3 star doing the same thing. It gives me a frame of reference on what to expect. I like knowing that my match is gonna be awful because the other team got several higher level people on it. Just my 2 cents tho.

That’s a wrong expectation though. Yes, for a while after first starting the game there is a period where just playing it more allows you to get better, but eventually you reach a plateau where you have to do more than that, like reading guides or watching streamers or whatever.

Throwers will exist for as long as someone can repeatedly buy the same game to circumvent penalties. If not for that reason, they’ll always find another reason to throw. Selfish and spiteful people will always exist, and sadly we can’t ban them from multiplayer in general.

Maybe, but when my team’s a bunch of bronze borders, and the other team has a plat, a gold, and 2 silver borders?

I like seeing fellow nerds with no life. :nerd_face:

How about they do like the Buddha and take the middle path, and make it optional for those that want it, just like they did profiles

Let people choose their border after unlocking them, gold border is hideous.

I wish we could have cute borders we could buy instead, you know some MOBA games when you’re loading have those pretty borders?

I want a Purple and Black rose Border for Moira/Reaper lol.

1 Like

It is rather nice that the game is going to have this done. HOWEVER this should be first tried here on the 1st game. I am tired of seeing the whole

“Gold portrait carry us, or report”.