Remixed Pink Mercy skin?

All signs point to ‘No’.

1 Like

Its sort of hilarious because of all the possible rerun skins to have the Pink Mercy makes the most sense. Some people say they want to feel special about getting an exclusive time limited skin, but at the same time can those same people have the gall to say a skin shouldn’t come back for a yearly donation event?

I completely disagree - quite the opposite IMO. I feel like having a remixed version of the skin actually lessens the value even more so than just re-releasing the original for a limited time because it would be permanent and an alternate version would likely have an even higher demand. The original would no longer be special in any way other than that it’s less common.

Maybe just bring the charity event again for those who weren’t around along with a new skin to donate for.

2 Likes

I want the Pink Torb and Reaper ones better! :angry:

This was in regard to the challenge skins I think, but the answer is pretty clearly “no”

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter if its special. The only valid reasons for wanting the skin are…
(A) You want to use it
(B) You want to donate for a charity.
If having the skin available gets people to donate because they never had it great. They can add to the donation pool year after year for those that possibly already had the skin if they really wanted.

When a skin is around for a charity event I don’t want to be catering to the collector’s idea of trying to feel exclusive/special.

This is exactly why I say the skin should come back. Proceeds going to a charity compared to proceeds only going to Blizzard for any other rereleased skin.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter whether more proceeds are going to charity. The skin was introduced specifically as an incentive for donations. By guaranteeing that you get an exclusive item, you are getting more people to donate for that particular charity run.

By re-releasing the skin or hosting a new charity event with the same incentive, it is a slap in the face for the people who donated for that reason, and incentivizes them to no longer donate since they don’t believe the incentive for doing so will be of value anymore.

“But they will get more money by hosting the event again!”

Yes, and they will make even more by providing a new and different exclusive than by re-releasing Mercy, without angering those people.

You do not have a right to have a second chance to get something just because you want it.

3 Likes

Someone finally gets it.

1 Like

If someone’s reaction is “I’m not donating anymore in future because my skin is no longer exclusive”, they are incredibly crappy people. Its these kind of people who’s opinion I don’t care for at all.

For anyone who wanted it and was not around to get it. Rereleasing the skin again is perfectly fine. Their incentive for donation is Mercy Skin. Its for a good cause as well. Its not that hard to rerelease.

For anyone else who has the skin and needed a new incentive to donate its not that hard to rerelease the old skin alongside a new one.

Having two options for incentive is better than only 1 as you encapsulate more people. Most people get skins because they want to use it. Not because they are collectors. Time limited only drives people to get it now because waiting a year is painful.

why

( 20 characters )

Whether you think they’re good people or not is wholly irrelevant. What matters is that those people exist, and in fact it probably represents most people. The vast majority of people will not donate to a charity without an incentive to do so.

Nope. Just because you want something doesn’t make it perfectly fine for all those other people. Just because you think they’re crappy people doesn’t make it right to remove the value from what they received. You wanting it badly is personal problem that you need to live with. Life isn’t always fair to you.

Incorrect, because you’re telling people that it’s no longer worth the incentive since it will also be made available later. People like to show off their exclusive rare items. That’s never going to change no matter how much you wish it would, and it’s a huge driving factor for things like this.

This isn’t about being a collector, it’s knowing that the value of the skin is worth it. People donated $15 for it because they viewed it as a purchase of an item that they consider worth $15 - BECAUSE they know it’s going to be a limited edition rare item. Imagine a game on steam having a $15 DLC that was just one skin. Nobody would buy it and it’s have an overwhelmingly negative review status on steam because it wouldn’t be worth it. Some people will pay $15 for a skin. Most people would not if they know it’s going to be regularly available.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter whether more proceeds are going to charity.

Those suffering or who have lost loved ones to breast cancer would like a word.

By re-releasing the skin or hosting a new charity event with the same incentive, it is a slap in the face for the people who donated for that reason, and incentivizes them to no longer donate since they don’t believe the incentive for doing so will be of value anymore.

Why on earth would anyone be angered by more people donating to a good cause? That’s the height of privileged selfishness.

You do not have a right to have a second chance to get something just because you want it.

But gotta respect that entitlement to deprive others of something you enjoy?

I see you’ve entirely misinterpreted my post and what was being said.

Doesnt even look that good winged victory looks way better imo.

Remixing the ‘pink’ Mercy skin defeats the point of it… :wink:

the one thing that bothers me is her hair. god sake her hair looks so bad

I love how players are against bringing back a cosmetic item as if it would be a disadvantage towards them.

Even if it were just to be changed, like damn.

It reduces the value for the product.
If going to promote something as being exclusive maybe actually keep it that way or don’t promote it as such.

Value?

There is no market, you cannot sell cosmetics.
If Blizzard created an actual virtual market like Valve had done with CS:GO and TF2 it would be understandable.

It’s against rules to sell accounts, so it’s not as if you can sell your account.

People complain about value yet it’s worth nothing…
It’s a damn skin, you’d rather feel special having spent money and keeping others from spending money on a skin?

You buy a skin not knowing what will happen to it in a few years, it doubt that really is a good reason to give considering people buy games which turn into F2P and all they get are a few useless cosmetics.

Honestly, that’s just not a really good reason in my opinion.

If people like it, why not make it so others can get it?
Blizzard doesn’t earn money by not selling it, so it’s not even logical for the perspective from a company.
Blizzard is literally one of the companies that care about money, if at all they should be selling it.