Remix Skins mean no new skins until OW2 (or maybe yes...)

Bliz told us that they were working on more legendary skins than ever for this year, and that’s why we received only 2 skins for the Lunar New Year. Now we realize those skins they are working on are recoloured skins of ones that already existed for the Anniversary Remix events. This means:

1. We had only 2 skins in the Lunar New Year event due to nothing, because Bliz said they were working on new skins but recoloured skins are not new skins. It hasn’t been fair to have only 2 skins in the Lunar New Year, a lot of recoloured skins are much worse than the other 3-4 new legendary skins we deserved for that event.
  2. No new skins until OW2 realeases, because all we are going to get until then are recycled skins with different colours.
  3. The only new content we were receiving since the OW team began to work on OW2 were skins. And from now on we’ll neither get those.
    I know they are working on OW2 and we’ll have different betas until OW2 realeases. But it’s sad to know that we won’t definitely have nothing genuinely new until then.
    What annoys me is the fact that they told us they were working on a lot of skins for this year when they were just recolouring old ones, more than not to have real new skins until OW2.

Update: AndyB has said that when they said they were working on more skins than ever for this year they weren’t referring only to the Remix skins. So, great news. We’ll have real new skins apart from the recoloured skins.

1 Like

I’m happy with recolours of some of my fav skins.

1 Like

First we get no more heroes and now no more skins.

Yikes, it just get’s worse and worse :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

How many time must Blizzard themselves come out and tell you straight out that this is happening till OW2 drops? Yet we still have a million of the same threads “wondering”.
At least its something as opposed to “nothing”. It could be “Zero” new content (even if they are recolors) till OW2. drops.

1 Like

people have been asking for “alt” colours of skins to come back so I am happy they are, I miss having two colour versions to choose from it added so much to them, shame no new skins but they do need all their focus on OW2 after all not split the team for skins

Yea, i like idea of adding recolors myself, actually was one of few things i was hoping for in past, tho i dont think if they picked right skin for rein for that, it dont look bad, but… this skin already have 2 colors to pick from, im sure they could go for some other one, maybe next time…

It seems like OW2 PvP launches before Halloween this year so chill out.

Are you sure its not some kind of beta?

The problem is Blizzard doesn’t ever actually say what’s happening, they just try to hint at things. Being vague is fine sometimes, but when they say “more skins than any year” of course people are gonna get the wrong idea.

1 Like

Andy B said in another thread that the recolored skins are not the only skins they were referring to when they said “they are working on more legendary skins than ever this year”

2 Likes

I think this is the third time a developer has stated that there will be little to no new content till OW2 drops. And that all their man power is 100% focused on working on OW2 and trying to release the game as soon as they can.

“The more skins than any year” comment was said 1 TIME lol. Yet people remember that VERY clearly.
Yet they cant remember when the devs told them multiple times that expect little to no new content till OW2 drops?

1 Like

OWL should get a few skins before then if last year was any indication

1 Like

To be fair, that could be just mean that they do add 2 more skins on top of that with this exactl words, just saying :stuck_out_tongue:
Im fine even with recolors myself, just hope more of those to come, and for skins i liked.

2 Likes

Yeah they said that, and then they said the skins thing. So they need to stop giving misleading information to the players.

Blizz was subtly indicating that OW2 will release this year with lots of new skins - more legendary skins than ever. They didn’t mean they would release anything for OW1 and it would be surprising if they wasted time on them when they would have to redo them for OW2.

2 Likes

If they cancel summer games, archives and anniversary but not halloween and the winter wonderland: yes. It all hints at that.

Exactly.
And how hard is it to piece things together when the events have only scraps of new content. And whatever new content they drop are things like recolors that have little development time.
Of coarse it means the new skins and content than any year was an indication of OW2 on the horizon.

But people still wont get it. Even after the devs telling them now 3 times this is happening.
Expect 100 threads about this the next few days where people are still acting confused.

Remixed skins is fricken awesome.

1 Like

AndyB address the comment about there being more skins in 2022 here: So...more legendary skins this year than any other year...? - #12 by AndyB-11735

1 Like

Or, just a thought, they could’ve done what every other company with a live service game does and update their current game instead of making fans wait 3 years to get new content :man_shrugging: