Reinhardt's ult is outrageous. I am sick of the biased treatment of his AOE 4 second stun

The video has nothing to do with the stats listed. It’s the demonstration video that Blizzard released when the game came out to show the basic function of the ability and nothing more. The stats listed are the only relevant information, and there’s no evidence to suggest it’s inaccurate. Again, get proof or a different argument, or just stop posting altogether. And stop saying things you don’t know the meaning of.

I don’t recall a cast time increase on Earthshatter? I know it doesn’t climb as high and has other tweaks?

The animation has changed multiple times, of him swinging his hammer. Plus the voice line hammer down was added giving it a better tell before the cast time, which i also tried to explain above to no avail. It should be noted what allies here and what enemies hear are timed differently as well.

Yes.

And with that in mind, I don’t think Rein needs adjustment.

GOATs and the problems facing the ladder right now are very complicated. Far more so than this board seems capable of considering.

Rein is not a problem worthy of adjustment imo. He thrives in this current environment is all.

The animation has nothing to do with the cast time. The cast time is still the same, the animation was changed to represent it better. Again, there is no proof or indication of the cast time not being .6 seconds. Also, again, you have yet to respond to this:

Since the cast time is already supposedly higher than .6 seconds, it would be fine if they changed it to .8 seconds, yeah? It’s already higher anyways, according to you.

These are all the changes in the patch notes, the ones that made an actual difference to gameplay and aren’t just animation differences.

You and I both know there have been numerous patches that have affected Rein that went undocumented.

Nothing about his animation cancels there. Or adding the hammer down call out. Barley anything about the many tweaks it got just so it could traverse terrain properly, which usually ended up breaking it even more. Rein is probably the one hero who’s been stealth nerfed the most.

Edit: actually that doesn’t mention the charge patch either, oddly enough, which is documented

1 Like

Basically every change ever that has gone undocumented has been talked about and recorded elsewhere. There is no mention of earthshatter’s cast time being increased anywhere. If a change like that were made there would absolutely be someone talking about it somewhere at some point, but there’s not.

That list didn’t include bug fixes, sure, but I don’t think the cast time has increased.

People probably do react to it more consistenly because human beings react to auditory cues faster than visual ones. This is why they had to change the Gridiron skin’s voiceline despite that skin not actually affecting the cast time of the ult.

Also, was Hammer Down added in Beta? Because I don’t recall hearing a different voiceline from him but I could just be remembering wrong.

The call-out change was specifically for allies.

2 Likes

Ah okay, thanks. That is probably why I don’t remember it.

Honestly not sure when it was added exactly, but the video ginger is relying on is from 2014, two years before the game actually released, and he doesn’t voice it.

I completely agree, it could have a lot to do with the audio queue, which isn’t itself a cast time, but does give a huge tell before the animation

1 Like

Don’t see how I’m “relying on” a video that has nothing to do with what I’ve said, but stay desperate.

you literally made an argument that reins cast time is .6 seconds because of the wiki, and continued with that argument even after i mentioned the audio queue as well. You were never in this for truth or common ground.

Because of the stats listed on the wiki, not the demonstration video that has nothing to do with those stats.

Yes, because the audio cue has nothing to do with the cast time, which has never been changed since the game’s release.

Absolutely false, overexaggeration. Rein’s ult has been there forever and never has been an issue and … spoiler alert : Its not.

Pretty sure you didnt say anything during all those Dive Comp months huh? Yeah…

Not 4 seconds and doesnt determine entire team fights unless … the Rein player hits a 4 man shatter which … pretty much works like any other ultimate. Yeah, if you hit a 4 man [insertwhateverult] you pretty much determine a team fight.

Moot point.

Absolutely false, overexaggeration. Can be stunned, interrupted, booped, pushed back, blocked by bubble, shields, you can hook the reinhardt, etc

Straight up false, its like 2.5-3 sec.

If you are hoping this ultimate gets nerfed, i would advise not to hold your breath pal because its not going to happen.

See this was my original argumant.

And this was your strawman.

Now we can argue back and forth whether the cast time has changed at all… which given the stats are actually from that video in 2014… yeah i’m still willing to bet thats changed.

But the original point stands, reins shatter has a huge tell.

But keep beating on that cast time angle.

Yes, and I countered by saying that the cast time is only .6 seconds, which you proceeded to try to claim was false despite having no evidence of such.

Again, using words completely wrong because you have no idea what they mean.

Which video is her referencing?