Reinhardt's Earthshatter is so Bugged, Please Fix it! (With Video)

And what’s your result? 5 months later?

3 Likes

I love it how people thing programming is like magic. Looks guys and gals, in the development world, making a deadline is a rarity. When people tell me April, I assume December. So yeah.

I feel you. Their bug fix department is garbage.

1 Like

That’s a pretty long morning…

2 Likes

It’s a really, really long morning.

4 Likes

The problems were known and reported countless times since overwatch’s release and they said they would fix it “soon” time and time again.

Here are the posts, even from old forums:

If it was just a few months, heck even 6months I would understand, but it’s been more than two years.

The thing is that it’s not just earthshatter, but charge is also bugged, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, as well as ghost melee swings and random 180degree turns when you let your shield down to firestrike or earthshatter.
At this point there is no excuse.

1 Like

Again not magic, a lot of these things are actually closer to solving a puzzle rather than building a house. Some times you think you got the answer and turns out you were flat out wrong. This is why they said they would basically rebuild him. Whatever they had for April obviously didnt work as expected.

You’re not wrong, but with that in mind, they probably should give us more realistic deadlines. They should know better and know that it’s silly to keep giving us dates and “next patch” announcements that end up not happening.

1 Like

If you can give people realistic deadlines in the development world, you can be an excellent project manager and people would pay tons of cash for that. Giving realistic deadlines is also a rarity. Which is why you communicate as least as possible during any kind development. Which is a practice I despise. I prefer their over communication approach even if they are wrong from time to time.

2 Likes

Then don’t give us dates. And keep giving us updates like “we’re making progress, but it’s taking awhile, clearly.”

They’re developers, they should know that, lol.

I dont know how much project delivery experience you have. But ‘we are making progress’ is the easiest way to get your clients pissed off. Specially if they are end consumers, like we are for OW.

Best approach is to give a goal end date, when you find out you are about to miss the date, communicate. And so on, but thats time consuming. I think if I worked at Blizzard Id have a community manager sanitize their internal status reports for sharing with the community.

I actually work for a company that develops and sells property management software, and a big PR 101 no-no is to give people dates or expectations you can’t uphold.

People get more annoyed when you say “this will be ready April of 2018”, but then that fix never happens and actually is still not fixed 3 months later, vs giving them updates from time to time that you’re actively working on a fix. Giving people dates or expectations of “this will be fixed next patch” is a terrible customer service approach. People also hate not getting any feedback or updates.

PR and communications is also what I have my bachelor’s in.

Edit: (also, we’re clearly on the same page–we’re in agreement)

4 Likes

I think we are on the same side, only discrepancy is that I think giving dates is still important. I am a PM in a tech implementation consultancy and as much as I would love to, not giving dates has never worked for me.

That’s kind of what I’m getting at when I say “realistic expectations”, and that Blizzard should know better than to give us dates that are two-four weeks away.

When we roll out with new features that will eventually be implemented into a future revision, we give them realistic target dates that are a few months out that we pretty much always meet.

They are working on more important things than some bugs… Like LFG and such! xd

Absolutely mate, I’m sure they’ve been working on LFG for 2 years now…

Ps: that’s how old Reinhardt’s bugs are… Wink

I work for a software company and know all about missing deadlines on projects. There is always something that comes up that needs to be addressed asap or problems are more deep then on the initial scope.

I get it, it happens here and I am sure happens at Blizzard. What we don’t do as a company is go dark on the customer. We would be losing clients left and right if we did this.

Worst way to make a game, just look at tf2

Then they should say that BEFORE december.

1 Like

Hello Gamma and welcome to the forums. While I understand you are trying to bring a current situation related to the topic of this older thread, it is still important to not necro-bump older threads like this. For this specific reason, the bugs you may be observing may not be precisely related to the ones identified from before and therefore results in things becoming more confusing for everyone. Instead, it is better to post a new topic and preferably in the Bug Report forum. Thanks for your assistance!

1 Like