"Reinhardt is fine"

It’s not bug. It’s feature.

To be fair why would you even waste earthshatter on a solitrary and distracted Ana.

dude I barely play Reinhardt but I agree he needs help.
Cuz I’m a Sombra main and I just fk him up so much that I feel guilty sometimes.

1 Like

Rein is just pinball simulator now only your the pinball.

1 Like

Winston and Zarya (can be placed by Dva) is my favorite team comp.
I respect a Rein but it sometimes feel undoable with a tank like him.
If he plays aggressive, he is not protecting his team and force his support to follow him into a bad position.
If he plays defensive it feels like forever to contest with enemy and the shield just breaks so easily that it feels like the enemy Junkrat has ult every 10 secs.

Rein really needs help, and before considering buffing him please just fix his bugs.

(and please fix sombra bugs too)

They need to fix this bug. Or at least give us an update on it. The ETA was early April. I understand software development is hard, but what is the new estimate?

My brain made a popping noise after watching that.

I saw that yesterday. It’s ridiculous. Reinhardt booted from the game for being Reinhardt and defending his team. Sad. I wonder if this happens to Mercy too.

3 Likes

I need to start capturing some video of the charge bugs as well. Charged a Dva in a tight hallway last night and she sidesteps… The hallway is literally the width of Rein’s shoulders. It happens constantly. Buffs to DPS, Stunwatch and the more bugs they fix with Doomfist, the more it makes being an anchor tank miserable.

At least fix Rein’s bugs so we have a fighting chance

Generally, when people say a hero is fine, they’re ignoring all of the bugs that come with them.

People still say Sombra’s hack is fine even though it’s the most bugged ability in the game.

Everyone just ignores glitches when they say someone is “fine”

Not gonna lie they need to get Earth Shatter back on track and give him some kind of quality of life buff to help him better hold his own.

Nothing extreme but a slight buff so he isn’t thrashed around constantly by all the modern day CC.

Not forever, the bug existed since the nerf of Earthshatter. Before Nerf, the effect of Earthshatter could climb the wall, it was weird sometimes that Pharah fell from the sky because of Earthshatter.

He’s only perceived bad because of a meta shift. As soon as Winston is nerfed, dive is over and Rein will be amazing again.

You know what I meant.

I’m hoping Rein cleanup is on the dev team’s todo list, and to be worked immediately after the current PTR patch goes live. They’ve definitely been working on the heroes, and I think Rein is just waiting in line.

I’m sensing that there’s some “root” issue somewhere in the Rein logic that is causing a lot of the bugs we’re running into, to the point where it’s a bigger job than what we probably think. Rein being one of the older heroes, there might just be some really old code in there that’s difficult to work with. It could be that they already have fixes in place to help Rein out, but they aren’t cutting it and no amount of turning of the current dials and knobs can truly fix him without a full rewrite of something. Like instead of truly fixing his charge collision logic, they just make his hitbox bigger and hope for the best, but then this probably introduces the bug we saw in the OP with mei standing behind him. So they’re in a situation where they can’t really quickly change anything without introducing other issues, unless they really put the time into a real solution.

Just a hunch of another dev.

2 Likes

Help this hero he is one of my favorite and this happened to me two times yesterday… I used to play rein really without any doubts, but now i think about it before picking him, maybe i should pick Orisa…

Did someone say Reinhardt is fine?
(video showing junk’s mine and tracer’s pulse bomb IGNORING rein’s shield)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHI_MPhg2c

3 Likes

gotta love being level 3 oh and btw WTF is that I knew there was a reason I was getting blown back all those times!

2 Likes

And then there’s me who seems to get hit by it around corners, through barriers and beyond its range.

Definitely bugged as hell, that and the charges that completely miss then you teleport into him.