Reinhardt gets destroyed a little more with each patch

I think it’s a safe bet that it won’t pierce barriers. Everything that does(melee, fire strike) also pierces bodies. In other words, there isn’t anything that pierces barriers that won’t also pass through multiple heroes, doubt Sym will be the precedent.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for Reinhardt buffs, but I don’t think the new Sym will hurt him much. You have to keep in mind that while yes, she’ll be good at breaking barriers, her orbs also don’t go through barriers anymore. If anything Rein should have an easier time against her since him and his allies won’t be chunked by her orbs, and she’ll have to be in close range (in the line of fire) to melt his shield.

1 Like

But it still benefits Symmetra to attack shields with it.

At the moment, it generates ammo by attacking barriers, as well as building charge off of them to attack other heroes.

And the highest level charge is now 195 DPS … :confused:

1 Like

I’m afriad that they will go straight through.
People always say that Symmetra is good at putting pressure on the pirate ship with her orbs, they might want to leave it this way.

Right, and another interaction I don’t see anyone talking about is D.va. New Sym primary will absolutely melt D.va.

1 Like

I am concerned by the wording on that, too…

I am wondering if barriers count as environments :thinking:

8 Likes

Yep, even Zarya at ~40% can get D.Va demeched pretty quickly.
Symmetra will have a very easy time against her.

1 Like

I have considered that, and I like that interaction.

But I also don’t want to sacrifice a hero who is already being power-crept. :frowning:

4 Likes

Brigitte’s stun has this functionality. Pierces barriers, then stops on impact (with a tiny AoE).

It isn’t unprecedented. I hope you’re right though, or that would just be broken. There would literally be nothing you can do but watch your health get chunked away in a matter of seconds.

2 Likes

ult doesnt work, many more counters to it than just a shield

3 Likes

I can already see him getting multiple turrets to choose from, one of which will penetrate barriers.

4 Likes

A decent Pharah can shoot near him, allowing for blast damage to get past both his mobility and deflect, especially once his deflect size is nerfed, and her long-range making him hitter her with shirikens next to impossible with his projectile speed.
Orisa is is the least likely on the list, but her Halt well used can shut him down when with a team.
Reinhardt’s swings hit very hard and don’t require much aim and can be used to shut down an ult-ing Genji very well if his targets, like the healers stay close.

…Doesn’t Genji deflect his hammer swings?

10 Likes

Her orbs can penetrate barriers right now. If they simply buffed the orbs as they are now, I think they would be worse for shield tanks than what is being proposed. And they obviously couldn’t just leave them as they were because they aren’t as effective as they should be.

The pharah mathup is neutral at best. Orisa and Rein are countered by Genji (and all dive heroes in general).

3 Likes

:slight_smile: We aren’t talking about the current patch or how Symmetra is live. But the rework details that were shared today.

1 Like

I know that, I am too.

My thing is this they were always going to keep some form of the orb and they were going to buff them.

Would you rather have a speedier orb that’s harder to dodge and goes through your shield or would you rather have what the devs are proposing?

Because neither wasn’t going to be an option since the changes needed to her were drastic and she still has to feel like Symmetra.

Her primary does increased damage, refunds primary ammo when firing on barriers, and they didn’t say anything about it not also doing damage to shields while refunding ammo, so…

3 Likes

Pharah’s blasts shouldn’t hit a double-jumping Genji. Orisa’s halt does the same thing to every DPS in the roster. Boohoo. Sorry that you can’t just kill the supports for free. Maybe take out the Rein, go for another target, or wait for the opportunity to go in when he’s not standing on his supports? Those aren’t counters and this isn’t a Genji thread.

7 Likes

I think the confusion lies in the fact that no one really knows for sure if the orbs will penetrate the shield.

If they do, that’s…gonna suck. But if they don’t, maybe it won’t be so bad. Even so, the current iteration has her not only ramping her damage up from shooting barriers, but also recovering ammo for doing so.

So it basically makes barriers REALLY benefit Symmetra while simultaneously helping her break them down. :confused:

2 Likes