Rein rush isn't meta in Korea

Maybe because playing with complete randoms is an outdated model anyway. They should be encouraging people to have established groups that play together consistently, and they’re not doing that. In fact, they outright remove that capability in GM because “it’s a problem for the people that don’t.” Well, they set up their game that way to cater to people to be by themselves basically, why are they expecting a different outcome?

3 Likes

But still, limiting to 4 heroes per match would put people off tanking by a LOT.
If I go into my games as tank, I don’t want 4 damn options.

YES meta helps you win, but you can win without it. Actually, you have a better chance of winning if you’re on your main.

The only time it’s not been this case is when certain tanks are really OP, like orisa sigma at one point.

Rein Zarya has a high pickrate right now, because most people are good at them since they’re release heroes. Also, people LOVE playing rein zarya in higher ranks.

ha 20 characters…

Realistically if you’re high ELO, you’re down to 2 options, with maybe a third on a specific maps.

And it’s probably not substantially different, just the same composition but with a different offtank.

As I said below:

And

When double shield was meta, I probably had a better chance of winning when I was on zarya rather than orisa, because I main her. And sigma was usually locked instantly.
But yeah that comp was exceptional because of how OP it was.

That’s why you need 3 out of the 4 Tank players to agree.
And if that 4th Tank really feels strongly about it, then can tell their teammate Tank about it.

Furthermore, GM has a ton of instances where people are effectively forced off their main. And only a small handful of “onetricks” ever break that. (Which also causes a ton of tilt and gives them a higher chance of losing anyways).

Simplified Tank-Only Hero Bans

I missed that part! Didn’t realize you had to vote.

Then it COULD work, but as per usual, it would need testing, and if it didn’t work devs would need to be OK with rolling it back, like with hero bans.

Still, I don’t like the idea of having to mirror, constantly, but as you said it could easily just vote no bans always (unless 3 people want bans :roll_eyes:)

Well also getting 3 votes on the same composition is difficult.

And the default is No Bans.

Yeah that’s true, I just would be worried having to mirror all game. Also not being able to play my main.

But then again, it would be nice to see a bit of orisa bunker or whatever it is.

I mean that’s basically what GM does anyways.

I dunno man. When double barrier was meta I used to be able to zarya fine.

And now rein zaryas meta I can still play a bit of orisa/sigma. Winston on certain maps. D.vas really good rn too.

I feel like the x hero or lose is grossly exaggerated.

1 Like

usas best team vs koreas f team, usa doesnt even have a fs anymore, judging the strength of regions based of world cup is a little odd

1 Like

It’s Blizzard’s fault if it wasn’t taken seriously enough. :woman_shrugging:

it was taken seriously, but a lot of players dont want to take part in it

1.: Who won the playoffs? It was shock, a mostly korean team. Who is the best team in pacific? Its Shanghai dragons, a full korean team

2.: This was over 1 year ago

3.: Korean team refused to play Meta because they didn’t liked it, so they nearly won against USA by playing offmeta

There is a reason why people want to leave NA, look how many NA contenders players got signed for this Season of OWL: 0

Is there even a team that is fully North American to begin with? So what do you compare it to? Nothing? OW World Cup is the best we have in the comparison of regions. If you think OWL is better, point to the All-Star American Team in OWL and I’ll shut up.

Naga, Daan, Kaan were all NA players. There are probably more.

1 Like

korea is usually known for being slow to discover metas, i think rush does beat double bubble but some of the pharah play they come out with kinda farms rein comps, i doubt we will see what is truly better unless there isnt a major patch between now and the first tournament

2 Likes

those are eu players

The teams they played for are NA. And why make the distinction between NA and EU anyway since the premise of this thread is both NA and EU play rush?