Rein pickrate went DOWN 7%

I see alot of Hammond lately and Rein doesnt really share any synregy with him.

7% isn’t bad either, and if this means other tanks are being played more often, then I see nothing bad about this.

Winston got a fairly major buff since his Tesla cannon does more than tickle armor now.

It’s almost like he is dependent on certain heroes to be good so he can be playable and now those heroes are not as good he has fallen significantly.

I hope people will finally understand that Rein is a hero who swings with the balance of the game like a pendulum, he doesn’t need to be directly touched to not be Meta, and he won’t always be Meta either

1 Like

It’s kinda hard to play with Reinhardt nowadays… With everyone destroying his shield nonstop, without any help. With Sombra hacking him constantly, with Orisa pulling him away constantly, with Lucio beeping him away constantly, with Junkrat destroying his shield constantly and sending him away, with Brigitte stuns him constantly, with Doomfist punching him through shield constantly… You get the point, it’s kinda hard and impossible to play with him. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen to other tanks, but I’m pretty sure you guys have seen it happening to Reinhardt way too much.

1 Like

Good. Less Reinhardt means I can play more Orisa and not just get rolled over.

Changes to Hammond are nice, I can make Rein’s life hell.

You should probably mention this is in GM ONLY. Looking at all ranks and he dropped like 1% since the patch.

2 Likes

Why play Rein when most supports and DPS run ahead of your shield? Better off playing Winston and distracting the enemy team instead of shielding yours

Its like diversity is something to be scared of…rein or lose realy needs to go

3 Likes

Yeah it’s like half a percentage point.

1 Like

7%= everyone.
Math is great.

2 Likes

I’m not exactly shedding tears for the poor oppressed Rein mains. Dude has been THE main tank pretty much since dive went out.

I’d love for Rein, Winston, Orisa and Ball to all be viable options depending on map and team comp, rather then another year of “Alright, who’s playing Rein? Seriously guys, they have a Rein; we can’t break the choke without one.”

As a Hammond player I can tell you that the Boop changes are extremely insane. I can bully a Rein into submission.

Other tanks have something to help em out.

D.Va/Winston are fairly mobile so they can recover or just juke a swing, Orisa has Halt and Fortify, Zarya is really small and good ones are constantly juking, Hog can potentially lead you to an instant death (as a Hammond/Hog player I can and will Hook a Hammond out of the sky)

Poor guy =(

The new Boop mechanics are the death of reinhardt. He already holds the #1 spot for environmental deaths now it’s gonna be just bullying. Unless the map has 4 walls and no holes I’m done playing rein.

Knock back.

Congrats blizz team and fanbase. You are stopping GOATS by simply losing your tank players

5 Likes

You’re very right, I’m not saying that it has to be Reinhardt 100% all the time of course. Honestly, it’s as you say, always “Alright, who’s playing Rein?”, it’s kinda annoying as I’m mainly a tank player, I kinda wanna try out other tanks.

Also, it’s kinda good that Rein pickrate went down 7% as the author said, I still hope it still works out with Reinhardt and other tanks.

It went down 7percent down to 93? Ruh Roh. Time to buff him back to constant pick tier

2 Likes

Hell I’d be a better flying rein then I am a pharah…

Honestly? I can see why it’s down. There are so many CC beast and with knockback changes up with him having no defense against them it sucks playing him. That and having your armor mitigated by so many things now hurts.

It feels pointless to play him imo

It’ll only get lower you know?