Region selection not working

No matter that the region selection is set to the game seems to put you into random servers?
Which sucks if you want to choose which servers you end up on. And the servers got vastly different ping so kinda nice to know which server.

And if you as an Eu player want to play on Na for a lot better communication with the added ping then you cant now?

2 Likes

Regions appear to have been all merged if the custom game lobby server selection is anything to go by, it used to only display the servers for your region, now it displays all servers from all regions.
This is disappointing and frustrating because my friends and I would randomly get middle east servers and 150 ping while we’re playing EU, now we may get any random server that would achieve the same bad experience in a match, when we didn’t expect to get such high ping, unlike willingly choosing to play NA servers.
The only way to select a region to play on now is to block the IP ranges of the servers in other regions, which some of my friends did for the middle east servers so we’d get those less often, time to look for the IP ranges of all servers and selectively unblock the regions/areas I want to play on.

Please just give us a server region checklist somewhere in the settings or before queue, so when we play a mixed group of different regions we could select the server we think is most appropriate rather than gambling for which region we play the next match on, some of my friends and I frequently play with friends from NA and depending on role picks we usually prefer one region over the other for servers.

1 Like