Regarding Tracers Omnic friend

Iggy wasnt in the cinematic when it was first released some time ago. I guess what I am asking is does the comic retcon the cinematic we watched as it seems the part of Widowmaker attempting to kill Mondatta plays out differently from the cinematic and newly released comic

I guess? Not really a big deal though, the result was still the same.

1 Like

I mean the event plays out similarily but at the same time different. In the comic, we see Tracer first state “well, well widowmaker” before jumping to the crashing a party line which that takes place in both events. The only difference is the presence of Iggy who isnt no where to be seen

1 Like

It is minor and technically retcon, but it is nothing substantial. Alive is in tact for all of its importance.

1 Like

Not seeing Iggy can be chalked up to Alive just not showing her. The only real annoying retcon I noticed was Mondatta getting shot in the chest instead of the head, which is waaaaay less cool and emotional than him falling down and turning off after a headshot.

1 Like

Thought the same but in the animated short he gets shot in the chest too, take a closer look, there’s no bullet on his head and the sparkles of the hit came out of his chest

4 Likes

Ah I see it too now. The quick zoom in on his head was very misleading.

2 Likes

Ikr? Hahaha I was so confused when I read the comic

2 Likes

He is shot in the cheast area in cinematics too, if you slow down footage you see sparks coming from there.
(camera was very inconsistent there)
It was shown like he really got headshoted right in the head.

4 Likes