Refusing to switch is gameplay sabotage yes or no

I’m sorry but that is being really ignorant and too technical…

Blizzard has already accused Mercy of Hide and Res and Mercy players can vouch that this case is not entirely true.

To say One Tricks/Not Swapping is not considered a Sabotaging Gameplay effect is far too vague.

Because that means EVERYONE has the Rights to play what they want for themselves and does not have to care about the teams opinions.

Example if we have a Junkrat One Trick and a Genji One Trick, rather than fill as a Tank or as a Mercy I have the rights to go play as Widowmaker… then we have Zarya and Reinhardt and both are irritated and there is only one player who can play Zenyatta as support.

I am making kills, the team is losing horrifically at Competitive, Zen tries to swap to Mercy and fails and in the end people are shouting and being toxic at each other.

Then more people go play whatever the … they want and the game is completely lost.

How is that an Ok situation?

By a lot of peoples logic in this thread, it means a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th DPS is ok because we DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE because the rules states it is Ok for us to do so.

Even if it cost you your Win Rate.

No because the rules contradict themselves with the Communities unspoken rules that the teams should be balance with a 2/2/2 composition as a standard.

If we go by the ToS and Report rules guidelines.

That means anyone can play anything. If I am the main healer that means I am in the ok to swap off Mercy for the entirety of the match and One Trick Widowmaker which is now my second most picked and potentially kill Pharah at the expense of the Teams support.

Yes other people can fill in as support but of both of the current DPS are stubborn 1 tricks, then we are stuff. Unless the sub healer is pro at a decent support, they won’t be able to solo sustain the team.

I win the personal fight at killing Pharah but the team loses SR because we lose the team fight because 2 people decided to one trick and will not counter pick the entire team.

For you to support the One Trick and not Switching is Ok policy, means you are in agreement that players can play triple tank and triple DPS because people can choose to play want and not have to switch

The thing is, One Tricks can force people out of their confort zone.

I have the ability to flex and play around people. Lets say for 1 minute that Reinhardt gives up Reinhardt and proves to have way more impact than the other 2 DPS, but at the end of the day the One Tricks don’t switch.

I have proven to teams before that it is not a good thing to piss off a Mercy player, because this Pharah one trick demanded that I pocket healed her for her precious PhaMercy strategy.

Meanwhile the team were grateful and were supporting me when I told that guy that I had to give up on him because the team needed me and I was the only healer.

But that guy trashed talked me so much I just decided to prove a point and switched off Mercy for a different support. The impact of that switch was so grate it went from a balance match to a complete one sided curb stomp and that Pharah/Junkrat player was trash and it was evident the entire team knew he was being selfish, they knew he wasn’t making a key difference and they did not blame me for switching.

I am by no means a Support Main, I never was, by all means I am arguably a D.Va main with Widow as my 2nd most picked and Mercy as my 3rd.

There as been another case where I made a child cry, legit because he trashed talked me. This D.Va player was just toxic and bad… the entire team had no support experience and I was their most skilled support. They struggled to even break through the Valskaya choke because they kept stalling there for 3 minutes.

In the end, during one of the tie breakers, I went and swapped to D.Va because the Toxic Troll was calling me trash and then the kid was getting caught up and kept labeling me a thrower the other 3 were concerned and to prove a point I soloed the choke in 30 to 60 seconds, eliminated 3 people before dying at point with 1/3 of the point captured.

The 3 players instantly knew my skill as D.Va eclipsed the troll, the troll even shut up because he dug his own grave and the kid was just boasting saying how pro I was but I smacked him back with words and told him not to judge a book by it’s cover.

They forced me into Support fill because they couldn’t play support and we needed one. I was first and foremost a D.Va main and I proved it by performance skill. Just because they were One Tricks does not mean they have the rights to insult other people.

In the end we lost because the sub healer couldn’t keep up and I went back to support to make up the difference. Close match but the point still stands.

There are players who play Tank/Support that can perform better at the DPS role than these so called DPS OTP mains.

You contradict yourself buddy.

According to you, your rank is your individual performance, they are not costing you SR.

No one trick is going to be blaming you for playing what you want. No one should sacrifice themselves for anything here.
However, if you decided on your own to “sacrifice” yourself and fill support or tank, don’t expect others to do the same choice.
If you feel like your personal skill is not enough to maintain your desired rank, you are free to fill support or tank or whatever (like you said if you don’t do it you are getting to mid plat).

Yeah if only that was true…

That isn’t how the SR system works.

Example if you play Sombra only, the system determines your SR by have you compete with people at your MMR Range so your Performance stat equivalent on a team with roughly a 50% chance of winning against the opposing team.

Depending on your performance as Sombra, you will Gain SR or Lose SR accordingly base on your performance in that match and comparing your average stats against the other Sombra’s of your MMR/SR range.

Why not? Isn’t that how the game is supposed to be?

I’m fully in agreement with that.
However I’m strongly disagreeing that some arbitrary standard “2/2/2” should be used as a rule for banning anyone who does not submit.

1 Like

Unfortunately this means it promotes Toxicity because this means if Genji and Hanzo one trick is already present, then that means I am not required to go Tank or Support.

I can go as Widowmaker which is my 2nd most played hero and I cannot be punished for my choice of Hero, even if it cost us that competitive game and drags everyone SR down.

It depends because say like if someone else can play a hero they are more comfortable with in the Tank or DPS category, they could end up performing a lot better and make up the difference in power between the two teams

That’s a bannable offence labeled “gameplay sabotage” now?

Good for you, the “One Trick” also has this ability. But are you going to forcefully take away their choice to not do so?

Just FYI, they removed personal performance correction after SR 3000. And if you are a better Sombra than average Sombra, isn’t that a good thing?

Question is… why don’t we soft reset SR every season? Retain MMR but reset SR so we can have a fair shot of being placed again…

Also that is called being ignorant. If the One Tricks are already dead locked in a slot, what benefit is there if you are the Tank or Support fill to swap to DPS as well?

I have done it on occasions and it has worked because I was good enough as Widow on two occasions to force an entire team to give up. But this doesn’t mean it will always work and it is quite irritating for teams to see triple DPS.

its a grey area

you can one trick but if you get mass reported then blizzard will view you as a negative player thus allowing the ban

one tricking is not a good idea

It’s not, but sometimes I wish it was.
I finished placement matches on an alternate account and many of the players I played against were in gold. (I played mainly against gold, with the occasional platinum and silver)
And holy heather, so many people don’t know to heal. Gold that don’t know how to heal, platinums that would rather attack…

I remember playing one game on Anubis, where one player just hogged Mercy for 3/4 of the game. (Attack A/B and defend A) I played Mercy for just 1/4 (defend B)… and got gold healing. (There was also a Moira.) They’re just so bad at Mercy it hurts. They have no situational awareness, don’t know when to push or go with the team and hop from player to player instead of just sticking with one or two people. (I also had someone message me to see if I could pocket the Bastion on their team. I felt so dirty.) I had a game with THREE (count 'em, three) healers, and still somehow got silver healing… as ROADHOG. Come on guys, this is bad.

Your terrible healing is costing the team big time.

Yes but at the same time the SR is also determined by Winning or Losing a Match which will result in + or - value of SR.

It isn’t me who contradicting myself but rather the SR system as a whole when you really dig deep into its inner workings.

Even YourOverwatch did a break down based on Blizzards feedback and was genuinely confused with how it works.

Yeah but at the same time, it is the people besides the one tricks that causes the issues.

Example the people that go ‘Can we get a Healer’, ‘Can you swap off this’, ‘Can you swap off that’

As a Flex player who is filling in, I noticed that the OTP’s don’t care so instead I try to work around them.

But this isn’t ideal since the composition isn’t always Ideal.

I can always swap and go … this and attempt to win in a QP manner which honestly at this point I have played enough where I can…

But at the same time it isn’t fair nor is it nice to treat other people in this manner because it is selfish.

What joy is there in irritating people and spoiling their fun? Overwatch is a game and a game is suppose to be fun.

I can imagine why they won’t do it.
But anyways, that question has nothing to do with the topic being discussed here.

You are not gonna ban someone for playing not good enough to your arbitrary standards, right? I mean that’s why you have the “rank” system in place. You are not forced to play with newbs - the system will separate you two.

It’s more determined by whether or not the game THINKS you should win or lose.
If you lose a game that they think you should win, you will lose a heck of a lot of SR.
Win when you were supposed to lose = big SR gain
Win when you were supposed to win = small SR gain
Lose when you were supposed to lose = small SR loss

Lots of people ask to switch.
I’ve been asked to switch, and I’m not a one-trick, I’m not sure why you brought that up.
It’s not my fault someone else decided to one-trick a hero, and they’re not viable in all situations or sometimes even very good.

Do you know what’s not fun?
When you get no heals, even though you have three healers or you have to watch some Mercy player constantly die and get gold heals playing as a non-Support character.
It spoils my fun to see people constantally try and FAIL at playing a character.
There are multiple characters for a reason.

Good point. So we should focus on making it a habit and a culture to report people who are causing a ruckus by screaming and being annoying and asking everyone to switch.

1 Like

Expecting people to heal as a support character sure is arbitrary :wink:
I would hope newbs aren’t playing in gold-platinum.

His ability to impact game in a win or loss direction has gotten him to this rank. And here you are expecting him to be way better. That’s arbitrary.