Reduce the Hanzo arrow size

I understand there’s latency issues and things like that. But when I see the crosshair dragged across my chest or legs and receive a headshot. Or I get headshot a split-second after I get around a corner. I think something is wrong. On the contrary, (I understand many people do not like Widow) if I clearly shoot and miss by a pixel with Widow the shot is a miss. Mans is the main character of Wanted.

7 Likes

He has one of the smallest projectiles in the game, it’s the only one I know of with a hit box that doesn’t cover the whole projectile, and it’s one of the slowest to shoot at full speed/ range. If they nerf the size, they’re most likely buffing the speed like they did the first time they adjust the size. 33% smaller, 30% faster, and even that still wasn’t enough since they buffed the speed like 2-3 more times after. He actually felt more consistent to me after the first time they adjusted the size/ speed.

Are you sure you want his arrow speed getting buffed from 110 to +200? Because I can guarantee you that you’ll have more problems with his arrow speed than his “logs”, especially in the hands of a good Hanzo. Hell, I would easily be able to climb to Diamond or beyond with that Hanzo. Forget tormenting people in Gold with Sombra (where the game de-ranked me after not playing for years), forget being the “SURPRISE SHOTGUN TO FACE” with Reaper, I’d one trick Hanzo and ruin everyone’s day.

3 Likes

Go ahead, but make sure to make his arrow as fast as they are in real life then. No more dodging arrows.

2 Likes

I get killed mostly by lucky shoots or to Spamzo!
What I would like is remove damage from his sonic arrow…

3 Likes

Well the arrow size should be large considering you have to adjust for the slow projectile speed and the goofy hitboxes is just lenient. If you nerf the arrow size, they should just make the projectile faster to compensate otherwise hanzo is near impossible to play

Who are these people dodging arrows? A widow halfway across the map might be able to but at most ranges you don’t dodge the arrow on purpose, the Hanzo just misses it

1 Like

Its not his arrow its a mix of 3 things 1 the hero model hitboxes are all bigger then their models second the shooter advantage they have in the system then lastly the tick rate is to low

Also hanzo arrow is the smallest projectile tied with genji

1 Like

Depends on distance. They could’ve had a shot perfectly lined up, but before it hits or before Hanzo can adjust his aim, a target might change movement or start moving. I mean, if he’s aiming at Bap’s head for example and just before either, Bap crouches for a jump, he’ll miss because he couldn’t predict that. Probably most missed shots aren’t because of player accuracy, but either bad predictions or other random stuff they couldn’t reasonably expect.

Yeah exactly. So I don’t think faster arrows would be a bad thing. If you miss you mostly mispredicted anyways in either case

For real. I mained Hanzo back in OW1 for a period, when his Arrow speed was at it’s fastest. Constantly stomping, getting PotG’s.

I could never unlearn that speed and relearn the new speed. Now I’m trashzo.

1 Like

I would certainly welcome faster arrows, but I’ll be the first to say if it’s a significant boost that the size should be reduced by about the same. Don’t need head sized hit boxes on a projectile that flies at 200+ mps.

Hanzo literally has the smallest projectile in the game lol. I have a better idea, make hanzo hitscan instead, there we go now he’s finally fixed! No more annoying post every day about how the hanzo is gambling and getting lucky, No more log sized arrow statements, no more of you feeling cheated by lag when you get behind walls. Lets make hanzo hitscan! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Then they’ll complain because he one shots as a hitscan.

You can’t win with these people.

where does it say its a small projectile? have you ever been shot by a hanzo and slowed the shot down in the replay? it sometimes will miss you by an entire person size and still “headshot” you. its one of the biggest. they are the size of skyscrapers.

Small projectile but the hitboxes are massive, considering how you can shoot in between tracers legs and still damage her should tell you about how scuffed the hitboxes are

The only projectile I can think of that’s smaller is Ramattra’s staff. The arrow hit box only covers from just before the tip of the arrow to about halfway down the length of it. It’s no bigger than Genji’s shuriken. What you are referring to is a combination of character hit boxes and the this thing most shooters have called “favor the shooter”. A shot that missed by 2 meters on your end could very well have been perfectly lined up on on their end.

Seriously, if his arrows were as big as people say, and there are projectiles of comparable or smaller/ thinner sizes with comparable or bigger hit boxes (Ana hip fire, Kiriko kunai, Mei ice spike, Torb shot, Pharah and Junkrat explosives, Sigma orbs I think) , he would be S tier at all ranks. Instead, most Hanzo players hit only 20-30% of their shots on average, and I can guarantee you most of those aren’t because of player accuracy, but the natural disadvantages that come with projectile weapons.

It’s the smallest in fact. But the smallest projectile in this game is already too big : 0.2m diameter.

You’d have many more accidental headshots with other even bigger projectiles like Zen, Mei, Kiriko and etc., but they aren’t OHK. That’s the difference.

I think the next sizes down are Illari at 0.15 (hit scan, but has projectile hit box), Ana hip fire at 0.1, and characters like Ramattra and Doom who have projectiles that don’t look any bigger than the model. The lowest they can reduce Hanzo’s arrows to is the width of his arrows, and that would require a comparable speed buff.

But they do a lot of damage and can be spammed faster than Hanzo can draw a full charged arrow

It’s actually

Illari : 0.1m diameter(0.05m radius)
Ana hipfire against enemies : 0m for a long time, but buffed to 0.2m diameter recently(0.1m radius), same as Hanzo arrow

All the size Blizz said is radius.