Recycled content launch trailer

I expected to see some nice eye candy like in the old days.
Instead we got a bunch of highlights from past cinematics - and cuts from new support cinematic that will be available in few days.

Quality check team where ?

7 Likes

uh we also got some new shots of highlight intros/emotes

also, no most of the clips arent recycled

but also, what else could they show?

4 Likes

The battlepass skins running around

3 Likes

Exactly. We waited 3 years for…that.

5 Likes

Yes… Most of the clips were recycled which is why your only example otherwise was a highlight intro. Rofl.

4 Likes

like only the first 15 seconds are recycled, the rest are not

The desperation for something to complain about hits a new low… Lol

1 Like

They could’ve also shown us the PvE.
Not in the trailer, but anywhere would be nice at this point.

Waiting for them to release the Kiriko cinematic. And as for copium, a Cyberpunk 2077/Nier Automata style approach of reviving a game which is by announcing an Overwatch anime.

why would they show that now when it probably wont even be out till 2023

To those asking what else could we possibly want from cinematics - go to youtube and google any witcher or any assassins creed cinematic.
Its not that hard - because what they served us with could have been done in 4 hours of youtube editor who does it for hobby. Not a professional team.

Why would they when PvE isn’t part of October’s early access? ???

Because they’ve stayrd silent about it for at least 3 years. The last word was the recent statement that Kiriko was originally supposed to be in there. The PvP is just an updated part, the real new stuff is the PvE and they stay oddly silent about it.

As I said, not in the trailer, but the silence gets a little deafening.

I don’t remember seeing the other JQ and even a Sojourn cinematic that you see briefly in the new launch trailer. Can you link those YT cinematic videos here?

in all honestly not sure what people are expecting out of a trailer? we’ve seen most of the games features already over this past year…heck we even played the part of the game theyre giving us right now…

they supposed to just highlight the cosmetics?

1 Like

There’s no grand conspiracy. PvE just isn’t complete. What’s there to show when there isn’t anything to show?

Three years with a lot of setbacks. Team 4 isn’t made of a bazillion devs. PvE’s release was put aside in favour of PvP.

They could be talking about these “ecologies” Kiriko was taken from, what they’ve done so far and how talent trees and such could work etc. They had 3 years, they couldn’t have done nothing.

But what’s that got to do with October’s early access?

2 Likes

Some people also want to hear about the PvE. It shouldn’t be part of the advertisement, but that doesn’t mean they can stay silent about it forever. They could release some news about it.

Man, i am so upset they haven’t shown the next 22 heroes coming.

A real shame.