Receiving penalty for leaving a comp game

Can I please know why I lost sr? Not only did I disconnect but the game wasn’t even over, only a couple seconds went by and I came back to 50 sr gone and a penalty. We came to win the game too.

Are you absolutely sure it was less than two minutes? In most cases a disconnection does often take more than two minutes to resolve. The rules specifically do not penalize a player if they left a match (after the first minute of game play, but before the match ends) if you can return within 2 minutes, however if you take longer than 2 minutes to return -OR- if you leave and return three times or more, you will be penalized.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

^ This is why you lost SR.
Even if you get disconnected you lose SR.
You can’t tell if it was a disconnected by user or IP

Weeks of not playing video games, come back to ow and on my second game encounter this nonsense.