Reasonable Mobility Buff idea for Mei

So, despite what many people think, Mei’s not in a good spot still. the buffs she recently got haven’t really helped her much. her Ult is still, in my opinion, the worst one in the game. So if they’re not gonna buff her ult, there’s one thing that does need buffed. her mobility. There’s on common thing people talk about when it comes to giving her more mobility

“let mei spray ice on the ground so she can walk faster!”
no
please stop
it would hurt her more than help, and would have zero use in active combat

but something similar can happen. Remember her on highlight intro where she’s skating around? something like that. my idea goes like this

It’s an ability, but has a meter similar to Moira’s healing and D. Va’s Defense Matrix. it would last 4 seconds, but like D. Va’s D.M. you can use it as long as there’s meter available. Snowball would be in front of Mei spraying ice on the ground allowing her to move a little faster, AND she can shoot while skating across (this could also show some REALLY cool plays). i think this would be the best mobility buff mei could get, in my opinion

She definitely doesn’t need added mobility, but if she did, then I agree something skate-y would be appropriate.

Her wall can give her a lot more mobility than people think she has.

4 Likes

They don’t want to give Mei mobilty.

Her ult is far from the worst in the game. Deadeye, Meteor Strike, Supercharger, and Whole Hog are all worse off the top of my head.

True, flanking Mei ftw.

let Mei catapult herself and teammates into the air with her ice wall

Random ideas:
What if they increased the duration of ice wall but made it destructible? Or they gave her another ability that allowed her to blast herself off of hard surfaces with her gun without causing damage to herself. So like a rocket or helix jump but the distance she can travel will be much further. It’s sort of a mobility buff but I’d make the CD something like 10 seconds.

or they can make her a tank. her kit screams sustain tank. like wtf, why is she even a dps in the first place.