Reapers headshots are broken

When TRY to headshot with reaper, you actually cant when youre standing 6ish 7ish meters away from your target, it registers as a body shot, you can try this out for yourself, doesnt work :confused:
also some bodyshots actually register as a headshot, when the crosshair isnt on the head

4 Likes

I heard it is more like random. Not aimable thingy

1 Like

This is with all shotgun heros. Each shot has a completely randomized spread of damage. Doomfist was like this, until they changed it to be consistent.

Imo, they should make this change to all shotgun heros (reaper, roadhog).

7 Likes

Winston and Orisa’s fat heads look reeeeeaaaaaalll crit-able. Mmmmmmmmm Hehehehehe

Death. Awaits. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Technically speaking you can make your shots more consistent. Not perfect but more consistent by changing your aim up.

So I am not sure you do this (would have to see a vid) or not but when aiming with Reapers shotguns place the head in the upper part of the cone. Essentially you want to be aiming at the enemies neck or below (depending on how far away you are the further away the lower you go).

This causes the majority of your shots to at least hit the target while allowing the RNG spread a really decent chance at landing headshots in the upper part of the cone.

4 Likes

Achtually … pushs glasses up

I’ve tested it a lot and proven that Reapers spread is binary, meaning or every single pellet hits the head or vice versa, no inbetweens,

Nothing of the sort, heres the topic : Reaper's spread is binary

So all ya gotta do is… pray to Jeff that ur RNG is good and have some of ur “spread” on the opponents head hitbox, the more you have the higher the chance of all ur “pellets” hitting their head… tho usually that means less “pellets” overrall obviously.

6 Likes

I remember that thread and gave it a like. It needs more exposure, honestly. Because Reaper’s shotguns are hitscan, and the way his Crits are calculated, it makes his damage so unpredictable and stupid. I don’t know why they didn’t make them a projectile like Roadhog’s and be done with it.

1 Like

If Reaper’s damage was consistent he’d be way too powerful. I’d consider him a really strong pick right now. He can already 1 shot a 200 HP target.

Spoken like a true gold

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t believe your thread didn’t get more exposure. Million buff this nerf that threads, but a fundamental flaw in how a hero’s primary damage is calculated persists for 2+ yrs post launch and almost no one knows or cares still.

1 Like

Because at 15m away in this test all my pellets hit the targets head at least 5 times in that range test?

Not likely.

I remember your thread and disagreed then. I still disagree now.

Torb has a shotgun too. I have a feeling that they’ll implement fixed spread when his rework hits, if at all.

It’s random spread and it only registers as a full headshot if most of the pellets land on the head. It doesn’t split damage at all.

This 100%. I normally win 1v1’s against Reapers simply because I position my aim so the top of the circle is where their head is. When they aim at my head a lot of their shots go over when they could be hitting my body & head instead. If they’re point blank you obviously just want to blow their head off though.

I think you just described Hanzo.

Haha… but in all seriousness how often does Reaper actually one shot something? Think about it. His shotguns have to be sucking face to pull it off. In the 500 something hours I have in this game I think I’ve been one shotted by Reaper three times, two of which I was also Reaper and we both happened to round the same corner into eachother

1 Like

This is true.

Untrue. Just like Tracer’s guns, Reaper’s shotgun headshots are binary.

I have a video that proves otherwise.

Your videos don’t price much aside from ‘I got Crits at X distance’
I think the whole concept of how Reaper headshots is going over your head. If you watch the video with two different perspectives and see the damage on Roadhog with each shot you’ll see it’s not consistent.
If 20 pellets are fired, with 8 hitting the body and 4 hitting the head, there’s a %33 chance all twelve of those pellets will crit. The Crits aren’t split per pellet, as in the 4 that hit the head don’t have their own damage. Every time you pull the trigger with Reaper it’s 3 different dice rolls. One for spread, another for hits on the head, and another to decide if those hits register all your pellets as a headshot or normal damage

1 Like

Makes more sense. The way other people were explaining it was that either ALL your pellets had to hit the head for it to be headshot or none. Which means something entirely different.

Removed the dink comment from my statement for now. Going to do some of my own testing to be sure.

1 Like

All they did was give him more, lesser damaging pellets. He doesn’t have a set spread.