Reaper Spanish voice lines

I don’t think he’s Spanish–

We still have bigger problems to worry about: The young reaper voicelines.

3 Likes

He has a Hispanic name,born In LA that has a high Hispanic population,and I remember reading from somewhere that he is Hispanic (but born in America)

1 Like

I know,but it would be nice if he had a few (like I said even if it was just a “hola”)

That doesn’t mean he speaks Spanish.

I know,but it would be neat if he had a few (like even just a “hola”)

1 Like

Meh, I guess, maybe?

1 Like

Reaper is American born in LA.
We don’t know if he is a 2nd generation or 420th generation immigrant or has a full immigrant background, he could be mixed, idk.

But he can have some spanish voice lines for his El Blanco and Mariachi skin.

3 Likes

Born in LA (high Hispanic population),Hispanic name,mask modeled after barn owl that symbolizes death in Mexican folklore,and I remember reading something saying he’s Hispanic (just born in America),and has two Mexican based skins.

2 Likes

Agree! Even if it so just his el blanco and mariachi skins

3 Likes

何??? BARN OWL!?? It’s a skull, though–

I forgot about those skins! Now I feel like we are being cheated. We should get a “vámonos” line at the least.

What if he canonically doesn’t even have anything to do with Spanish (language)? Just because, say, my grandfather’s family is Russian, doesn’t mean the following generations must know the language.

The same goes for Reaper. Not to mention this is 2070s. It might not even be part of his upbringing anymore on LA.

I see reaper is a fan of dora the explorer lol

1 Like

Look at his mask,look at a barn owl. They look similar and in Mexican folklore barn owls symbolize death (like reapers character) it could also be a skull of a barn owl

Reaper is American, Lúcio is Brazilian. No need for Reaper to speak Spanish. Maybe it would be cool on his Mariachi skins, though.

Let me go off-topic to praise Johnny Cruz. Even if he doesn’t speak Portuguese, the Portuguese voice lines he dubbed are concise and perfectly hearable, even if they have a slightly awkward accent.

2 Likes

Agree. He did a good job.

1 Like

Muere muere muere…

Or Reaper could be German and it means “The the the…”

I think Reaper is one of those Mexican-Americans who is so far gone in the generations, he would say things like:

• El muerte camina con us.
  • Que esparamos?
  • Day los sombras
  • Mueren! Mueren! Mueren!

And for anyone who doesn’t get my point… these are all grammatically incorrect, and is a good example of how many 2nd generation, US-born Spanish-speakers sound in the US when the parents are of low education backgrounds, or when they just don’t care for their kids to hold onto their own native language (this one is the most common with millenials).

To be clear, I mean no offense to any particular person. Just stating what I know from my personal experience.

Haha yeah the sort of “Spanglish” a lot of later generations have adopted? I could see it. People have a point that we don’t know what generation he is in the USA, but then again plenty of families still maintain a bit of their native tongue.

Not to mention there will probably always be a decent movement of people from Latin America into areas like LA. Even people who aren’t hispanic there can often speak some Spanish.

Not that Reaper needs Spanish voice lines. But I think the lines in different languages are really cool, so I’d always welcome more.

3 Likes