đź’€ [Reaper] Solution to lifesteal problem

Assuming devs want to do with a lifesteal buff, the math isn’t quite right.

But I figured out a way to give Reaper a similar buff towards lifesteal against most tanks, without buffing him against other targets.

Reaper

Passive: The Reaping

• Lifesteal changed back to 30% from 50%.
  • Lifesteal calculates using damage dealt previous to damage reduction from armor.

This way, Reaper still gets a lifesteal buff against Tanks. But it isn’t quite as crazy against other heroes.

Also it leaves room in Reaper’s “budget” to fit in a proper ShadowStep buff.

1 Like

This makes more sense. Right now this helps him against everyone, but this has the unintended consequence of making him extremely favored in matchups such as Torbjorn, Symmetra and Soldier 76 when previously the results were mixed.

Jesus Christ if it’s not working at 50% and not at 30% go for the thing in theee middle which is 40%

Or fix the real issue which is the lack of an engagement tool.

They’re making him into a glass cannon when it’s not what he needs.

2 Likes

Because the issue is that Reaper is dueling properly already against enemies without armor.

And buffing him to a point where his lifesteal works as it should against armored targets, is going to make him stronger than he should be against unarmored targets.

I find telling devs to #Revert anything usually doesn’t work.

So instead, focus on “if you’re going to go this direction, let’s at least do it properly”.

Take his Lifesteal back down and then change shadowstep out for an aoe life drain ability in a small area around him.

or just make Reaper, the “Tank buster” ignore armor completely.

He can be the only one to not see armor and its fine, afterall we have brig who cant even charge through an energy shield!

I highly doubt reaper will be a major problem to unarmored targets. Half of the cast is skinny like a twig so most pellets miss them and in general the enemy team can poke reaper from a range and/or CC him to death if he comes anywhere near the team

Well, if it’s not a problem. Then it’s not a problem.

I’m assuming by this time next month, it’s going to be confirmed to be a problem.