Reaper rework (Fan Made)

Hello everyone,

After the Sombra and Roadhog reworks I just want to share with you all my thoughts and ideas for a Reaper rework

Before going to the rework and before you tell me he didn’t need any rework I just wanted you to know Reaper is my main since 2016, I have almost 850 hours with him but to be honest I think his gameplay is too old designed especially since OW2 came out

Also he is the only character (with Hanzo) who don’t have any capacity/alt fire/utility on right click so clearly he need something to be better and maybe more fun to play

So here’s the rework :

Wraith form :

• Now activating by holding Secondary Fire
  • A new ressource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Wraith form is active and then recharge when it’s not in use
  • Cooldown for each use decreased from 8 seconds to 1 second
  • Wraith form completely recharge after 13 seconds
  • Can be activated while affected by mobility-locking effects
  • Speed increased by 10%

Smoke grenade :

• This is a new ability assigned to Ability 1 by default
  • Throw a grenade that creates a 25-unit-radius smoke cloud
  • Being in smoke cloud applies stealth to you
  • Duration is 5 seconds
  • Cooldown is 14 seconds

Shadow step :

• Faster cast time and cooldown recharge while in smoke cloud
  • Reaper is now immune to damage for 0,4 seconds after Shadow step
  • Now cleanse Sunstruck effect
1 Like

Wraith on a meter sounds fun on paper, but in reality isn’t so fun. It’s a cleanse with a one second cooldown. Now, there’s little to no counterplay against Reaper. You can’t bait out wraith to make him retreat. Ashe Dynamite, gone. Anti-nade, gone. However, the smoke grenade is interesting. It’d be cool if shadowstep wasn’t so loud if you teleport from a grenade.

1 Like

There ya go, one workshop reaper rework. Code: A7XNC

• You never said consumption rate of wraith form so I did 2x recharge so half uptime.

• Not sure if the mobility locking effects prevent it but probably do and there is nothing i can do about that.

• Cooldown is 1s like said (even set the settings cooldown to 10% so the blue bar thing matches it)

• The resource recharges at 7.692/s (13s to reach 100, takes 1s to start recharging after stopping the ability)

• Speed is set to 73.333336%, wraith form increased base speed (5.5m/s) by 50% (8.25).
    73.333336% of 8.25 is 6.05 (110% of 5.5)

• Smoke Grenade Gravity/Speed might look/feel weird because it was made in the workshop but I think I did a pretty good job.

• Radius is 6m, idk what you meant by 25 units but 25m is way too big.

• Being in the smoke grants invisibility and first person (visible only to the player) glowing white effect. (applies to any player not just reaper/owner)

• Duration is 5s (also it slowly drops if in air during that time)

• Cooldown is 19s (on cast) meaning if the smoke grenade trigger immediately you can use it again in 14s

• Cant change casting time but it’ll come off cooldown 2x as fast in smoke clouds (had to replace cooldown with variable because set shadow step CD is bugged)

• Extents 1.008s phased out for 0.4s after.

• cant cleanse sunstruck with the workshop

I also included custom position hud’s for Wraith Form binding, Shadow Step cooldown, Smoke Grenade binding and cooldown And the Wraith Form resource meter, Hope you like it.

If need any more info you can find it at workshop.codes/A7XNC

2 Likes

Id just make his DPS mor constant by making him toss his gons on reload instead of dropping them. Just toss em at someone’s head /s

Seriously tho i feel like he would be better with less spread a a fade like ability to replace wrath. Most people just follow you and finish you off. Don’t maki him invisible but make him make a lot more distance in a shorter time.