Reaper is getting nerfed

I’m all up for making a rework for reaper and nerfing down the lifesteal-

BUT

if a hanzo is good enough to head shot you from close range, where it’s not really he’s ideal fight choice, than that’s that- like it could be the case with a good enough widow and so on. (like it’s reasonable for hanzo to one shot genji\tracer\mei\doomfist and so on, it’s not like they can’t take him in a 1v1, there’s nothing wrong with being rewarded for hitting a headshot)

but yes, a rework is needed for his whole kit that’s for sure, for making him viable in high elo again, and stop making him a w+m1 machine on low elo.

Shadow-Step is still underwhelming since launch.

Nerfed? More like gutted to his older worthless self.

It’s a shame.

Too bad most players can only point and click and have no sense of spacing, terrain, and awareness…

1 Like

The post that counters what you said was literally 10cm above mate.

Yeah no.
He does 2-7 per damage, thats a BRUTAL drop off, even with the tighter spread.
The moment someone steps outside 7mt, due to the spread you basically hit 5-7 pellets on average … thats … 10-14 damage dude.

If you are worried that someone that does max 14 damage beyond 7mt is going to “snipe you” if the damage is increased lets say to 4-7 per pellet … well good luck vs pretty much anything else :rofl:

Well, technically you could try using ss to escape…

However every time I do it I duck behind a corner and either:

1. go for a ledge or spot behind cover, end up going on a trash pile 2 meters in front of me before taking headshots from the entire enemy team. All while flashing bright neon red colors shouting “HEY! My name is Reaper and I’m ‘repositioning’ myself to stand still and get killed”.
  2. End up getting chased because they see me over extended and unable to use wraith to get away… That’s more of a throwback to when wraith was so slow that it was basically just as effective as using ss to disengage.

I’d settle for ss to have it’s bugs fixed so you don’t need to be pixel perfect (and waste time) to use it.

Reaper is still laughably weak…
This change was implemented solely for the lower ranks.

1 Like

This isn’t a Reaper problem, it’s a Hanzo problem. He can annoyingly kill loads of heroes with a one-shot.

Played many rounds on the PTR now with him.
He is worse again, since the other DPS got buffs.

If he has a teleport that gets him out of combat safely then he will just be an easier tracer.

Congratulations on the over statement of the day mate.
There is literally absolutely nothing common between Reaper and Tracer besides both being “flankers”.
In that category Reaper is by far, the worst. Not only it wouldnt make it an “easier tracer” but even with a good TP to engage/get away he wouldnt come even close.

Im sorry if your comment wasnt meant to be trolling but you are 99% in there mate.

1 Like

Yeah, his hitbox is also pretty big.

His hitbox is way bigger but that can be worked around when you have an instant teleport and 30/40% lifesteal with huge burst.

Er no he shouldnt have two get out of jail free cards.

1 Like

Why are you all answering to something that has been already countered?
And no, they wouldnt be “free” dude :rofl:

Genji isnt invincible during deflection, tracer has 100 less health and doomfist isnt invincible with slam nor RP. And he would use one of those to initiate to begin with leaving him with one to escape so no, it would be nothing similar at all to having wraith and an instant teleport. :joy:

Who said anything about an instant teleport?

Deflect is a skill you can use offensively AND defensively, blink too, she still has recall. DF can use RP and Seismic offensively AND defensively …

Reaper ONLY has wraith, and cant be used offensively because then he is toast.

How, in the actual game, is giving him a viable E that can be used to engage and escape WORSE than the actual tools that 3 of the flankers have? In what universe is that bad ? :rofl:

We are not even discussing the range of that hypothetical E.

Im sorry dude but you are proving to be way way waaaaay off your league for theorycrafting here. Good luck mate, have a good day.

Where did I say he shouldnt have a Viable E? Or when did I even mention a range?? :joy: I was responding to a post which said it should be instant and it should not.

Youve taken this way out of context.

-Take .5 second off Shadow Step
-Fix it so you can’t fire between activating Shadow Step and it Casting. (If you try to shadow step and place it too fast, it’ll fire his gun; which reveals his position and waste a shot)
-Put Wraith on a Resource Meter like DVA’s Matrix, where you have a delay between reactivation. This would allow him to engage at better angles without worrying about not having wraith to escape. It would also allow him to hop in and out of the fights more often.

1 Like

Compared to new heroes he seems pretty one dimensional

Reapers weaknesses
Big hit box
Slow movement
Short range
Awkward movement skills
Huge spread.

Reapers strengths
Very High potential damage
Very High lifesteal.

Short range and huge spread make his gund bad against smaller character models
“Short range tank busters” need to be fast to avoid damage or stupidly tanky to absorb through it because they play at the optimal place in a team to be hit by everyone.

Fast and shreds tanks is going to also kill squishies fast because of their ability to get into range.

Slow durable tank shredders are also going to feel OP because they dont go down and and they put out tons of damage.

I think increasing reapers ability to put damage on the target with nerfs to his life steal or damage nets an overall more balanceable and fun hero. Adding mechanics to increase his skill cap is the preferable method for doing so. Imo

1 Like