Reaper Counters Guide

I made a really short video guide showcasing Reaper’s matchups from worst to best.
E and D tier means Reaper is really strong against them.
C and B tier means Reaper goes even against them but matchups can swing to either sides.
A and S tier means Reaper is at a disavantage or is being hardcountered.
Link: Reaper Counters Tier List | Overwatch Guide #Shorts - YouTube

3 Likes

Why would we listen to you, Mr. Zero Post Private Profile?
And why didn’t you include your tier list in your post here?
Isn’t this just a spamvertisement for a youtube channel?

2 Likes
  1. I’m a GM player.
  2. I worked with 2 Top500 Reaper OTPs to make that.
  3. My only goal is to help people, I’m not here for clout.
4 Likes

Depressing as a tank player that his top counters are all dps…

Good to know that I was on the ball with Sigma being the best tank counter.

He’s an unholy terror in bronze. Wraithing in 1v6 and death blossom for team kill is a legit strat down there.

At least with suck and rock I can counter that.

2 Likes

“Uhh… the reaper is wraithing over here.”

“Just ignore him, if he actually comes into the middle of our team we’ll deal with him.”

-every low elo team ever

2 Likes

I dig the short format and I think that’s the way to go in terms of accessibility. Someone could even watch that in-game to figure out some good counters. Who is your target demographic for these videos?

-As a general rule, any hero with hard CC or significant kiting/range abilities is a decent counter against Reaper.

-I’m not a GM player, but I might put Hanzo and Zen higher on the list–like B tier.

1 Like

What? D.Va is one of his best counters and is considered S Tier in OP’s video.

2 Likes

Basically when it comes to tanks main tanks are doomed against Reaper excpet Orisa bc she can’t get hs and she has a lot of protection from her team. Sigma is pretty decent into Reaper since he can’t really die 1v1 and can’t outduel him if he lands his hypersphere (not that easy) and D.Va is by far the best tank to shut down Reaper the only problem being you can’t 1v1 him and in low elo people have a bad target selection like you pointed out below.

1 Like

Mid-diamond several seasons now, 3500 ish peak, 1200 hrs tank main here.

I mean just go dva and rocket boost away from him or if he is ulting your team, rocket boost into him knocking him away and using matrix at the same time to eat up his shots. Sigma isn’t a bad alternative with his shift ability. Hog can work if you’re consistent with hooks and know the M1 melee combo or M2 prefire then hook for a more reliable kill. Yea there isn’t a “hard” tank counter to reaper, but there are things you can to do mitigate his effectiveness. Alternatively, do something epic to kill the rest of his team like dva bomb. But more reliably, communicate with your team on making swaps to dps counters and learn to be persuasive in a toxic environment if necessary. There is always something you can do, just need to brainstorm literally every possible option available.

1 Like

To an extent, Orisa can counter reaper as well if you know how to shield dance and land headshots consistently, I’ve 1v1’d many reapers that way but that was back in the day when her shield was 900 instead of 600 so maybe that’s changed.

Gotta be honest, his S-Tier list is 100% accurate….

No sir!!

2 Likes

My bad, missed the s section first viewing…

Glad to see my man Torb is top tier vs him.

I love that goofy little bastard, but last dps match I had to queue for 22 minutes (my pass got refunded after 15).

Funnily enough my dps game, at circa 2300, was far easier than trying to play tank at 1200.
Pace was noticeably faster, but actually had team work and more agency to get Phat multi kills with ease.

2 Likes

:kissing_heart:

You know I got nothing but love for you Gazz

Torb is really frustrating for heroes like Reaper/Tracer/Sombra/Doom because turret baits out abilities and cooldowns.

And if you push Yorb his self armor is like dealing with Briggy but much more lethal.

Prrrrrb….

Fudging Torb/bastion/Symm/junk….

Gud dem Bob-the-builder comps :unamused::unamused:

Every bit of teamwork adds up.

Just got Hog or Zar and roll kids…. I know you can!!

1 Like

Been getting coaching on Zarya, thanks to some kind guys on this forum.

Not super easy, no brain to play, like Torb or Junkrat, etc.

But high impact with a modicum of skill used.

Best game was taking Vokskaya in under 2 minutes, with 79% average energy.
Only quick play, sadly, but shows what I can do with a solid team and not making any major errors.

Orisa is kinda easier now to fight reaper. Yeah, your shield is weaker now. But you got extra 50 armor, and fortify no longer recieve headshots. So as long as you are near full hp, with fortify, you dont even need shield dance, since reaper does very little damage when you are using fortify.

3 Likes

Oof now that is sexy, I should read patch notes lol. Thank you for the info, I’ll put that to good use :slight_smile:

Yup that’s the idea of this series. I plan on making one video of this type for every hero (it will take a lot of time) and make a playlist so people can look at it whenever they want. I also plan to make a video in more details for those who wants to understand how the matchups works. Now I have put Zen and Hanzo that low bc they cannot kill Reaper bc of his Wraith ability. Hanzo for exemple needs to charge a full 1 s and hit a hs to kill him , during that period of time his movement are indered (bc you lose movement speed). It’s also hard to hit Reaper’s head bc his weaving is peculiar making his head swing wildly.

Hog, although not a very hard counter, if you can land your shot and hook, you will win most fight against reaper. Orisa, although no stuns, shield dance with fortify will make you recieve very little dmg from reaper. Dva, best hero to counter reaper ult, you can also get away very fast and use your dm to protect your teammates from reaper.

I would also like to mention D.va’ Boosters can also help because of the CC effect to boop Reaper away. Combined with Defense Matrix, it can really nullify Reaper’s attacks.

Anything which pushes the enemy Reaper away like Sigma’s Rock and Orisa’s Halt orb are extremely valuable because of damage drop off.