Reaper audio cues

reaper = deadly.
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

I did hear the teleport and a SINGLE footstep, i suppose it has something to do with walking in phases, as in, walking a step and stopping, wich does seen to make it really hard to hear… tho he walked wot, like 3 meters to you, so you couldnt really hear him even if you knew he was there… but if ya were paying alot of attention and stuff, ya could hear his teleport.

I’d already killed the Reaper a couple of times during his teleport that match. He finally got his revenge.

WTH he walks up right behind you, even says a voiceline and you can’t hear diddly! That’s ridiculous, this bug needs some attention something quick, gads that’s just ugh.

Well, the first clip sure is hard to hear Mei, there i dont really know what to say, the second ya can hear McCree take some steps before flashing you, i think he could just be camping a while on that corner, thats why you couldnt hear him but well, who knows, the third tho, ya, ya can only hear him when hes right next to you, i think that might indeed be a glitch.

1 Like

Like I said a lot of people have been reporting problems about this, it’s possible to hear other heroes footsteps clear as day but for some reason some footsteps have become practically inaudible.

But there are other audio issues happening, too, ult voice lines not being announced (imagine walking into a hallway where a McCree is ulting without having heard “It’s high noon”), sound effects not playing, and more. There are major game-breaking audio issues happening right now and I’m not sure Blizzard is aware of them or not.

I have all sound turned to max. This isn’t the first time this has happened, just the first time I’ve recorded it.

When did he teleport? Also, his footsteps were silent, and he just walked straight up to me, not in phases. I don’t hardscope or camp like a noob anymore, but I was foolishly counting on audible audio cues to warn me. I was checking the right side because I was expecting him to try to get his revenge.

They do seem to happen quite rarely tho, so theres that.

My friend died to a Junkrat ult that was announced with a whisper. Imagine his surprise.

1 Like

It’s not all that rare, I think most people aren’t noticing it happen because it’s so subtle and they’re so in the game their mind is focused on hurrying back to the fight and glaze over what happened.

His teleport audio Q happens at 1:17, at the same time doomfist dies, try to listen for the crows, tho he didnt say his voice-line wich is indeed a known glitch, just a minor and rare one to a weaker character, thats why it hasnt been fixed yet i assume,

as for the footsteps, there is a single one, really loud sound next to you, signifying he’s there, but it doesnt really last enough to warn you i suppose.

I’ve actually had audio errors like heroes walking silently and ults barely being announced many times. Not frequently, mind you, but if you play a lot, you’ll encounter them enough. I had that Reaper issue occur so frequently that week that I checked the latest patch notes to see if he’d been given a stealth buff.

2 Likes

Check this Deathmatch video out, I respawn near a McCree down a corridor who’s in the middle of ulting but he NEVER announced it with an “It’s high noon”. If I had just walked out he would have killed me.

Well thats very likely because he ulted when ure on the kill-cam transition, not giving you the “high-noon”.

Yeah but I skipped killcam quickly and was out in less than a second, while McCree’s voiceline is almost 3 seconds long.

If you’re not there at the start i dont think it plays the rest for ya, thats how audio clips work most of the time… as far as i know.

Yikes, well that’s something that definitely needs to be fixed too if that’s the case.

Many games have this issue, its seesm to be a very technical thing, but i think it happens rarely enough to not be a priority i suppose.

I’ve now heard the quiet crows. When was the footstep? This Reaper was even worse at his hero than I was at Widow lol. I’m actually rather proud of the final shot of the first of these videos.

Well you’re assassinating the English language pretty hard with this post, so I guess you’ve something in common.

1 Like