Reaper and Mei buffs confirmed

Good…

20 characters

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/thanks-brigitte-reaper-is-now-officially-irrelevant/38979

I’m not all that convinced about their Reaper buff…
Honestly, since launch, Reaper has had 3 actual changes

1. Wraith reloads guns
  2. Passive rework
  3. Death blossom now targets shields

Except for the passive rework, WHICH EVEN THEN DID NOT BRING REAPER INTO THE META, all these “buffs” and QoL changes have only managed to serve as excuses to leave Reaper as he is for another 6 months.

1 Like

the mei buff yea that can go to PC but reaper on console is still pretty bad he is only good for his ult which is still easily countered

If i have to guess how they gonna buff mei, I’d say they will may buff her ult like they buffed zarya’s ult (Cancell all “escape” abillities to heros that caught on the Blizzard) because every tank except Roadhog can escape her ult easily so her ult at the current time can do basically nothing to them. In my opinion passive health stealth to her primary fire (like moira’s) can fix her as well too.

I’m not expecting too much from the reaper buff, but a few things I would like to see:

• Wraith form to work on a meter with a cool down (like D.Va’s defense matrix)
  • Wraith form to look more like a cloud and allow him to move in three dimensions, unaffected by gravity
  • Wraith form speed increased slightly
  • Able to teleport while in wraith form (but comes out of wraith form on the other side and can still be killed while reforming on the end of the teleport)

No need to buff his damage, he has plenty of that already.

It is a must. reaper is almost unplayable atm.
Bridgette is another nail for Reaper’s coffin.
(short range stun, massive armor etc)

Reaper needs either longer range or increased mobility or penetrate armor buff.
A faster wraith form which is cancelable would be nice.

Or, second ability which positions Reaper just behind the target instantly. (sth like Wow rogues’ ability).

I thought too on your second idea a while ago, it would be super op… It means a can basically teleport above enemy in every situation and press Q…

Yeah I agree that if they did all the stuff I was asking for he would be OP - but that kind of direction with balance would be really nice.

hog doesn’t need a buff what are you talking about…

sym is fine. rein needs some tweaking though

I think sym is fine too, she got the highest win precentage of all heros at overbuff, they changing her only because the community dosen’t like her and because she dosent fit the pro level (owl). But at reguler competitive she’s awsome at certain situations. And yeah hog is one of the most balanced heros of the game right now, definitely not need a buff.

DPSwatch here we come

He doesn’t work that much anymore with a lot of people. In the past 2 years playing this game. I’ve learned what to do with a Reaper. The only time I get screwed is if I’m distracted and don’t notice him. Or footstep sounds don’t work. So he can freely sneak up. Other than that. This is what I do against a Reaper. At no point do I allow him to break Zarya’s bubble.

https://gfycat.com/TangibleFirsthandDogwoodtwigborer

you totally saw the comic were reaper does that: :joy:

no, just… no. no.

What about a wraith form that functions the way it does in the cinematics? A short term invulnerability where he can move in all directions. So yes, a reaper that can “fly” while in wraith form.

1 Like

Mei damage so loow. Give her a faster secondary fire or buff her primary fire damage.

They don’t think it’s as annoying as quad tank? Man, I mean prior to that the meta before quad tank was pretty alright, and semi tank meta were fun because you just had to break the initial choke for things to get crazy. I think even quad tank is better than dive at this point.

Anyway, I’ll hold my breath for the Mei and Reaper changes, and hope it’s not something worthless like the last Mei buff was, or a decent buff that makes them compete with Tracer, get nerfed a week later and shelved for a year plus.

I’m not terribly optimistic considering the Reaper buff that never went through where it improved his ult against people successfully counter playing him, or considering the other “buffs” we’ve seen lately.

1 Like

150 dmg if she hit heads

Lol im not talking about that.