Ranked is broken

I have one account that’s consistently being deranked from Masters to Diamond, and another that’s GM ez pz. It doesn’t make any sense at all, I think it’s just broken.

1 Like

you make me laugh.

its not because of teammates, its you.

skill issue

STATS. DONT. MEAN. YOU. ARE. GOOD.
you can spam heals and damage all you want but whats important is what gets your team the win, it doesnt matter how much heals you spam, if you dont give the opportunity for your tank to do anything, for example you have a rein and you refuse to go kiriko or lucio and now this rein cant close in to do damage because you selfishly chose to one trick moira, and now all he can do is sit there with his shield up taking mindless amounts of damage while your spamming heals up his posterior, you are the problem, because if you were a diamond level support you would be in diamond.

I understand what you’re saying. And it all makes sense. But you can’t say stats don’t mean anything. I’m not even trying to brag, I’m generally trying to understand. A lot of my matches are 30 kill, 10 death games where I’m on the tanks back end pumping healing as well as clearing people out. While the damage run in alone and continuously die. Stats absolutely matter. And a ranking system that isn’t based on your own performance, and based off of if your teammates are also doing there job, doesn’t make sense to me

A lot of support mains including me are seeing the same thing. Our ranks keep going down in spite of the fact that we are improving as players. There is something very wrong with the ranking system.

3 Likes

Same point about that, even if tank is rein, and I play Lucio, and do everything in my power to support him, and the other players on the team are not doing well, you will still get ranked down. This is what doesn’t make sense. You can be the best player in the world, but if your team isn’t helping you will always go down

I don’t know whether it will go anywhere, but I’ve also been so frustrated about this phenomenon that I systematically studied it all through Season 3, and I’ve opened a bug report, with my data attached, on the Bug Tracker:

MMR Fails to Converge, Shows Conspicuous Periodicity

You might consider signing on in the replies, if it’s not too much trouble.

1 Like

once your a higher rank you will understand that stats dont mean anything, you can get thousands of picks but if your team is dead whats the point, as a support if your the only good player you have a 50% chance of having a bad or good teammate across the four players, if your truly a good support you already have an advantage, the enemy team has a chance of getting 5 bad teammates, i went from gold to masters in a few days purely off of getting the mindset of “what can i do for my team” instead of “what can my team do for me”
stats dont matter, if your team is getting rolled its not the fault of one or two players but usually the one who takes the blame is the one with the least damage or picks.

this is literally the same case for EVERY single role, you are not special bud.

Stats are just an indication of general output.
Its usually over emphasized by plat and below as being good or bad.

Ive healed less than the losing team and we still won and i ranked up.

Its really about winning team fights and enabling team mates.

im way lower rank but even then i’ve been getting nothing but leavers and people going 1/0/10 lately. past week has been the worst of the season despite working on my aim positioning and whatever else i can, which WAS helping like a week ago

If that is your opinion then just make sure that it works both ways. So you can’t be one of those people saying the masters and gm’s who were stuck in plat in previous seasons don’t belong there either.

2 Likes

what does this even supposed to mean? :joy:

u are the common denominator share a replay code if u want some help

This seems to be the problem most people have. I never know if I need to switch it up or I’m having a bad game, or if there’s a problem elsewhere. I just had a game that resulted in our team losing, enemy team had 43k healing and our team had 20k healing. I was blamed for the loss as a dps… so I don’t really understand why people get so mad. I did it to myself solo queueing a very competitive team play game

1 Like

Favorite answer so far. Made it to diamond this way. He is partially right though. I think the skill based matchmaking is very out of tune. We rolled a team first round and I asked them what rank they were out of curiosity, and they were silver and gold… I was plat II at the time and it didn’t make sense for them to be in the same game with me.

3 Likes

You are basically saying whatever rank anyone has is what they deserve. So it applies for anyone including those players who got a higher rank this season due to so called rank inflation.

Replay code: 6CWQY5
Not my greatest game, and we actually did win. But nonetheless, that’s typically how I play my games. Thoughts? Buddy was saying I’m the issue and that stats don’t matter. Generally do I seem like the issue? Or that I play like a silver 4?

While I believe the competitive algorithm is jacked, something I’ve seen happen as I’ve gone up in rank is that players don’t know that they are being outplayed by the other team’s picks or something isn’t working. Players tend to look at the scoreboard stats and think everything is great but they lose team fights that they needed to win due to ult usage, positioning, hero picks, etc.

For example, I had dive DPS (Tracer/Genji) yesterday with 40+ kills total between them with not too many deaths, our tank (Rein) and supports (Ana/Bap) all had buffed stats, but the other team kept making decent progress with the payload because they were playing close together with a Mei/Junkrat/Rein/Zen/Ana comp. Our tank/DPS was a 3 stack that would not change because all they saw were stats and not the flow of the game. I tried to explain it to them, but they took it as criticism instead of advice + look at their KDR. If they had choose something that utilized their Rein shield more and stuck with the team or went full dive, it would be easier to win team fights, but they couldn’t help but take the hard route and ended up losing despite beating them with every stat.

Players need to wake up and realize that stats don’t matter if you’re being countered and the enemy team is winning team fights. I’m saying this as a broad overview of the below diamond player base and not just in your circumstance.

1 Like

The problem seems to be that you think raw stats are how you win games. This is wrong. You should be focused on the objective.

I’ve run into this kind of thinking before, like people who complain that their widow isn’t doing much damage. That’s kinda what you’re supposed to do though - get the most kills with the least amount of damage, so you’re not feeding enemy support ult charge. But no, people want to see big damage numbers, so they shoot the tank (because its an easy target) and think they’re doing a good job because damage number high. But you’re enabling the enemy team by doing so.

Indeed, im no GM but i feel in a perfect world you want the most elims with the least damage.

if your gonna send VODS dont send wins, i dont care how bad you played or how well you played i want to see your losses