Ranked in OW2 is terrible

I played 21 competitive matches as a tanker, my MIT, my damage and even my KDA were higher than most of the team members despite the result win or lose. But after 21 matches the result I got was Bronze 5. I don’t think Bronze 5 is worthy of what I showed in the match as a tanker. I don’t want the Overwatch 1 elo to affect the Overwatch 2 elo. It’s really separate!

Blizz made mistakes.

2 Likes

I have played majority games as Competitive since the game was released and i still don’t have a ranking.

2 Likes

Yup, it can be tough. I played Comp for an hour last night - 3 of the games my teammate quit (lost all 3, of course). It’s brutal and sometimes it seems individual performance makes little difference to winning/losing. Just how it goes…

2 Likes

What you did compared to you teammates is irrelevant, especially playing a raidboss that is the tank which has double the value of any other player on the team.

That being said, there was a bug that placed people too low, you should be able to climb now if you perform better than tanks on the other team.

1 Like

Ranking up is not going to happen. Every match is a curb stomp because matchmaker doesn’t know the difference between a “True” bronze player and a De-ranked Bronze player. I went on a 14-3 win streak. Guess what my rank was after the patch. BRONZE 5
Even with the old system I could see what my performance did. Now it’s just garbage toxic matchmaking.

3 Likes

just play tank. It’s like the new dps given that a DVA can just roam around the map destroying any squishy she lays eyes on.

1 Like

For me it’s too late for them to make it better. This was a HUGE overlook on their part and the damage as been done. It is down right ridiculous all the lose ends they screwed up in OW2 to make it so un-fun and frustrating.

3 Likes

It placed me in Bronze 5 for everything. It’s been interesting though

1 Like

You think this was a mistake?

Nah, it was to give everyone a false sense of progression for those who have been stuck at a rank for the last 6 seasons :wink:

2 Likes