Rank Progression Screen does NOT show up after game

My ranked progression screen has been on and off appearing since the start of season 10, but now it has been at least 4 games in a row and it has not shown up once. I am careful to not click through it, so I know that it just isn’t appearing. I have had other players mention the same issue and the only way that I know that my rank is being affected is because I recently ranked up, but I have no idea how far into my rank I am.

I have exactly the same problem. After a ranked match, I don’t see the rank progress bar at all. Right after the Season 10 update, rank progression changed 1x per day. Now I’ve played probably 20 matches in the last 3 days. I won 5 in a row, my rank hasn’t changed, I don’t even see the rank progression bar after the match. I lost 1, I was down 24%. Then I won again and lost a few and nothing again. Yesterday, out of 10 matches, the rank also changed 1x, and today I played 4 matches and nothing again. Whether I play solo in a small group or in a team, it is exactly the same. Repairing the game files and reinstalling did not help.

#EDIT: literally 1 minute ago I started the game and my rank changed when I was offline - I finished playing in the morning and I had Gold1 and now I turned on the game and I have Platinum5. What the heck ;D

Same here but I don’t think my progress ever moved like for Scualliva, feels like this issue have existed a few weeks though to be honest. Just now it happens almost every game. Can’t see any major Dev posts about it or anything so it’s hard to say if they even care enough to prioritize it sadly, so playing ranked now feels kind of pointless. Been playing this game for a longer while again but kinda feel like I might just give it up and review it like in steam… if they are just going silent about this super obvious issue that removes the whole point of ranked and the report system is a joke for that matter.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue as well. I’ve won 10 games and lost a few in competitive and my rank hasn’t moved, and I don’t ever see the rank progression screen. I saw it the first day, but after that…nothing. I’m really hoping they bring this issue forward and fix it, because I’m not a big fan of playing quickplay anymore. I should also mention that I’ve tried everything from reinstalling overwatch, and scanning/repair 5 times at this point.

If you’re skipping the highlight it’s avoiding the rank progression screen. Sometimes you have to hit the back button at the hero progression screen to get it to show up. I know it’s not a solution but it’s a workaround for now.

It is registered as a known bug right now:

• We are aware of an issue where pressing space (on keyboard) or your confirm button (on controller) to skip the highlight intro will bypass the ranked progress screen.

no, that’s definitely not it. :slight_smile: After a few times, I also thought that maybe I was skipping something unintentionally, so I started checking everything very slowly and I went back a few times as you wrote and I still don’t see the progress bar. It was literally like I was playing Quick Play.

Sadly not the case, I wait those through 95% of the times and can confirm that it does not matter if I watch them or not. The ranked progress does not show and move every game. Wanted to report the issue but they dont want people to do that from what it seems with how dumb this “report a bug” system is. Writing on a forum does not equal a support ticket as you can just be left hanging feeling like they dont give a damn xd but that is big company shenanigans sadly. Am I a bit salty, yes. When this is the structure of a “Report a bug” system is made like it is.

Ok, I don’t know if they did something, but today I see the rank progress bar. After leaving the game, if I wait until the first animation (the one with the character presentation) has passed and I do not click continue before it end, the rank progress bar appears. See if it works for you too :slight_smile: