Rank bug costing some players who played tonight their ranks

something is up, people are deranking like crazy tonight. look at the posts and bug reports. something weird is happening and it’ll all from today

plats are dropping to gold then silver, diamonds are dropping to plat then gold

i dropped from rank 488 to diamond to plat. in one night.

what the hell is going on, and did i really just lose all that progress to a bug?

4 Likes

Same. I was Masters 3 on Tank. I played one game last night, and lost it, and it said I ranked up from Diamond 3 to Diamond 2. I did not even reach the 5 games you need to win for a rank change. I’ve never seen that before. Thought it would be fixed today but it did not. It’s almost as if it suddenly thought I was at Diamond 3 instead of Masters 3.

1 Like

I make the same experience…i dropped from Dia 1 to 5.
Have a bunch of bad Games in a row but i am never dropped so hard the max was 2 or 3 but not 5.
It really demotivates me a lot.

1 Like

Factsssss the matchmaking is so broken. I’ve gone from plat 4 to gold 4 in one tank reset. Now I’m stuck in gold being given bronze teammates. I’ve literally had games I’m the only gold player in

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

sure thing, funny enough both are from that same night as that orbs bug! my win-loss ratio was not positive this night but i dont think these adjustments make sense either.

these clips show queuing up so that you can see my rank on the comp mystery card prior to the game, and you can see the bug in the rank adjustment for both of them, so basically watch the first 2 seconds then skip to the end of the videos for each, respectively

here is masters 5 shown as diamond5 adjusted to diamond4 here

and a few hours later here is diamond4 shown as plat4 adjusted to plat1 here ----- (there actually might be an error in this video, part of the 5min queue is automuted/broken for playing a song in the background and it breaks the playback but you should be able to skip ahead over the error part before it breaks the player. if you cant skip the first 5 minutes i’ll make a new video for this one and host it somewhere)

you’ll hear me lamenting about losing a lot of games this weekend in the clips, so that could be playing a factor, probably for sure. but the bug is also there, clear as day. if you think i’m in the wrong please tell me cuz i probably need to hear it

and thank you for all your work organizing lists/proof of bugs. youre putting in some serious overtime here and i appreciate you

1 Like

Thanks for those vods, they’re exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve added them to the megathread under: Miscellaneous Links. And I’m glad someone appreciates my efforts. None of these issues will be solved if people aren’t vocal about them so if the others in this thread could, any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated as well. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs

1 Like