Random Mercy Weapon Switch?

Over the last few weeks I’ve been playing Mercy more and more, and I’ve really been enjoying it…except for one thing.
Occasionally when I’m healing (or using my pistol for whatever reason), my weapon randomly switches - sometimes it happens multiple times in quick succession. Because of this, I’ve had teammates die when I’m trying to heal them and my pistol suddenly equips, I’ve died when trying to defend myself and my staff suddenly equips, etc. It’s becoming a huge problem in my games and I see no bug fixes or even recognition of this problem from Blizzard, so…please fix this bug or at least let me know that you’re aware of the problem.

EDIT: To clarify, this isn’t just when I equip the different weapons. It happens entirely at random.

1 Like

Sometimes when you accidently switch weapons and have weird ping it will bug out due to the game lag. I don’t think its a bug but more of a ping problem. (This can happen anywhere from around 100 ping and above)

Well that’s the thing. I have very good internet and very low ping (30. Used to appear as 15 on the old display), so there is no reason why that should be happening. To add, it isn’t just when I equip weapons. I can have held my staff for no problem for, say, a minute, then suddenly my pistol equips. I highly doubt it is simply an issue with latency.

Hmmm. I know changing staff to weapon is on 1 and 2 but I’m pretty sure its also on the scroll wheel. Maybe you’ve been accidently moving it? If thats not the case then that sure is one bug we beed to take a look at

Yeah, that’s the issue. I have it bound to the scroll wheel, but I would have to try hard to scroll it down. I reckon it’s definitely a bug, unfortunately.

This doesn’t happen randomly to me, but when switching from pistol to beam, sometimes it just switches right back to pistol (even when using the number keys on the keyboard, so it is not due to “overscrolling” on the mouse wheel).

1 Like

Then hopefully the devs look at the issue and have if fixed as sson as possible