Random crashes and excessive frame drops

Since the hanzo rework patch was released, and coincidentally since the Windows 10 64-bit feature update(1803) put out Tuesday, I’ve been having significant performance issues including frame drops in about 1/3 games I’m in, and client crashing forcing me to manually restart. This is happening even with reduced graphics settings on high or med.

I’m sure its just a compatibility thing with the most recent version of Windows 10 64-bit(1803) and will likely be fixed, but I am unable to provide a log because of the crashing that forces me to manually restart.

System spec:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080(latest drivers as of 5/4/2018)
Windows 10 64-bit (1803) 5/2/2018
Intel i7 6800K proc

I have the same. 6700k 1440p 16gb ram win10 64bit, For me and the two friend I played with all had crashes and freezes where I had to manually close the game, which is hard to do because OW screen stays on top.

Happens during map transitions, going to next round, or random freeze during gameplay.

only since last patch, nothing else changed on PC, and whole friends list had these issues with ppl I play with

Same here, i have random freezes and i get kicked from the competitive game so i get the penalty also. Before Patch everything was great now i cant play 2 games without freeze.

1 Like

I just updated to 1803 a few hours ago and had my first OW crash (black screen, had to close via Task Manager). I can’t say if it’s Hanzo/Rialto patch or the Windows update, but in my 930+ hours of OW this is the first time it crashes.

Windows 10 64bit, English.
i7 7700k, 16 GB RAM and a 1080ti (ver 390.77 drivers).

Not you, it is the new patch. Happens in different maps. Might be ‘‘new’’ hanzo related is what it seems like to me sofar.

It happened to all my friends aswell by now, and it happens often

I’ve never had DC, crash, or freeze issues prior to the most recent patch. Since then, I have experienced my game freezing going into the map/prior to hero selection (I can still hear the music play all the way through/sounds of my team in spawn but cannot see anything), I have also experienced my game crashing right after dying - it just freezes on my death, I’m still hearing the game and in VC, but my game won’t do anything.

In both instances, the only way to fix the issue is having to do a hard reboot. I cannot even Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to Task Manager to force stop the game.

Drivers are all up to date, no background programs, downloads, overlay issues, etc. Scanned & repaired OW via Blizzard client and problem still persists.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GTX960M
Windows 10 (64 bit)
16GB RAM

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Just upgraded to Win 10 1803, I get crashes on the menu screens. Similar hardware setup;
Win 10 x64
i5 6600K
GTX 1070 (379.31 driver, latest)
16 GB RAM

I’m having similar issues and crashes, however I am still on Windows 10 ver. 1709, haven’t updated to 1803 just yet.

My hardware:
CPU: Ryzen 1800x
GPU: Geforce 970 GTX x2 SLi
Driver ver 390.77
16 GB Ram

Overwatch devs just don’t care at all…This is sad I’m also experiencing game crashes all the time on windows 10 fresh install,newest drivers,nothing overclocked.Before on windows 8.1 game never chrashed,I7 6700k,Gtx 1060 6gb and 16 gb of ram.I know it is not hardware related it just bad bad bad very bad overwatch optimization with windows 10 and they just don’t care ,so I paid for this game around 40 euros and now I’m unable to play it on windows 10.It makes me so mad and angry because there is no solution online…Update your drivers…Did you overclock your system etc old solutions no fix.PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE or just give us back our money this is really annoying as fck.