Random crash with XMP profile for Ram

I’ve experienced random crashes so many times since I started Overwatch.

And I was about to quit Overwatch but I think I found the reason finally with the random crash.

I use G.Skill ‘F4-3200C16D-16GTZB’ 8GB * 4ea = 32GB with XMP Profile and this is working without any problem with Battle ground, Tekken, Apex Legends, Memtest64, HCI Memtest, 3D Mark and the other programs. But I have the random crash problem only if I play Overwatch.

THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM OF THE USER. THIS IS THE PROBLEM OF OVERWATCH PROGRAM. DO NOT SAY ‘DON’T USE XMP PROFILE’.

Because this is not the fault of my H/W. this is the fault of your fault of the base structure of Overwatch. I don’t want to use the lower speed with my expensive RAM for only Overwatch.

You know so many user use the overclocked CPU, RAM GPU with the factory OC these days. This must be fixed by you Blizzard. I used to like Blizzard and I hope I don’t want to be disappointed with you any more like Diablo Immortal Shock.

The problem is most likely with the xmp profile, not the overclock the xmp profile it self. You can get around this pretty easy, just go into the bio, set the ram voltage to its max stock settings and set the Frequency to the overclocked value for the ram. So for my pc my ddr 3 is running at 2400mhz, i set it to 2400mhz and set my voltage to run at its max settings which is 1.65V (in your case it will be 3200Mhz and 1.35V).

Thx for your advice. But I think the default profile with XMP has no problem because it’s working with the other programs as I mentioned. In any case, I will try your way at the next time.

This post will explain the issue with some XMP profiles: Overwatch crashing ever since I increased RAM Speed via XMP - #6 by Drakuloth