Ramattra Reveal - Overwatch League Grand Finals

I wish I could be more angry that it isn’t Mauga, but with a lore-heavy character with a seemingly interesting kit based on that brief description, Ramattra is welcome too.

Still, since it’s been confirmed that the next three heroes are two supports and a DPS, no Mauga until at least 2024 is still a bummer.

2 Likes

He’s got that Decepticon vibes.

2 Likes

Cool but next hero is support, right?

… right?..

That makes it sound like it will go support > DPS > support then, and then maybe a tank?

1 Like

Nope. He is a tank and next year we will have 2 supports and another tank. DPS is currently not on the menue. Expect one in 2024.

2 Likes

I mean after Ramattra of course. Tank > Support > DPS > Support > Tank is what I’m thinking.

1 Like

Nope. Support > Tank > Support. No DPS in 2023.

1 Like

Oh, well that’s even better then. I would’ve taken the one DPS inbetween two of the other roles but if they’re giving more options to supports and tanks I won’t complain about that.

1 Like

They want to balance out roaster and this is the first step to do it. Maybe we get another DPS in 2024 and then in 2026 to slowly fix the amount of supports and tanks to DPS ratio.

1 Like

TLDR what does he actually DO?

1 Like

Transformer hero with a mage form and a melee tank form. He can also push flying heroes to the ground it seems and punch enemies. Also barriers.

2 Likes

You know what would be really cool is if there were heroes who could be picked in multiple roles, like if Symmetra could be DPS or support, for example… but it would be quite an easy situation for trolling too by the DPS picking it so the support could not, so I dunno what to do about that.

1 Like

Guys are we going to call him RAM or Ram in game? We went from saying Junkerqueen to JQ. So lets call Ramatrra Ram since he’s an omnic and it makes sense.

1 Like

Ram will be very likely because we also named Zenyatta Zen.

3 Likes

Ok, so no specific ability info yet. What a useless reveal

1 Like

You should stop working is the salt mines. It seems like it rubs off on you. I just see you cry every time I see a post of you.

2 Likes

Nah i love OW2, having a lot of fun. I just hate Blizzard. And OW lore.

1 Like

How about just… ignore the topics then? Simple. I will ignore you now, because every time I see your comments I get baited. bb

2 Likes

Why ignore this topic? I really wanted to see the new hero. But after searching for the abilities i found out it is just some stories and stuff. I came with a very positive mood.

1 Like

It means one cannot reproduce offspring, which doesn’t fit into modern definition of “living things”, less so for “race”
I wonder how ethics change in OW’s story

1 Like

Yeah that’s my best guess too. The phrasing is just very awkward imo.“Our race is only a single generation. Finite and dying all too quickly.”

I don’t understand why the inability to reproduce is important in this context. They can obviously produce new omnics, so they’re not at risk of extinction as his quote seems to suggest.

1 Like