Rally shields should disappear after a while

They stay until all the armor is depleted. However add that on top of repair pack and you have insanely sturdy dps with not much to do against it.

2 Likes

Repair pack goes away after a few seconds.

Edit: unless you mean Torb’s repair pack

2 Likes

It’s way too soon to determine what should be altered, or what should be left unchanged.

In the Q&A, Geoff acknowledges that this is something to keep an eye on.

2 Likes

I said her ult was dumb in PTR and I’m standing by it now. She can get nearly the full effect of her ultimate by grouping the team up and pressing Q anywhere on the map. Doesn’t have to be during a push or a teamfight, could be in spawn or right after wiping the enemy team.

Doesn’t feel right considering how every other ult (excluding sym who is getting reworked) functions.

1 Like

True, but since her Ult can apply up to 300 armor over 10 seconds (capped at 150), you are losing half its value if used outside of combat. I would say it is best used while rushing into a team fight.

Just saying, Symm’s rework is still something way over the horizon, so everything about her right now is still and will be relevant for quite a while and should be taken into considerations.

And idk how it was in PTR, but Brig’s Q works in AoE now and builds the extra armor up rather slowly. The team needs to be in her vicinity to be affected, though it’s not affected by LoS.

I did say “grouping the team up and pressing Q”.

well you also said “anywhere on the map”, so i assumed you meant her Q in PTR works like how Torb’s Molten Core affect his turrets.

I don’t see why that’s a bad thing, it wouldn’t be very “ultimate” if it wasn’t strong

Anywhere on the map as in they could be sitting in their spawn hanging out while their squishies get 75% more max hp in the form of armor.

Which can be chipped-damaged to take off before the enemy team even gets close.

Or they can just dive you without unnecessarily poking their heads out to get shot at.

Or they could deathball behind a Rein shield with a speed boost.

Disagree. They should last until removed. If it was temporary then you might as well just play Torbjorn. And there’s plenty of offensive ultimates that can blast their way through Rally’s armor, so I don’t see a problem there. Rally might force someone to use their own ultimate to counter it, but that’s how the game works. An ult for an ult.