Brigitte Gameplay Q&A with Geoff Goodman

the solid shield idea in particular sounds very interesting. any plans to port this onto a tank in the future?

2 Likes

I have a question regarding all of the heroes released so far. Only 1.5 heroes have been hitscan: Sombra and Scoped Ana. With addition of Brigitte it certainly seems like the game is shifting more toward MOBA-like heroes than FPS game heroes, are there any plans for new hitscan heroes in the future?

I think this game wasnt supposed to be an FPS to begin with as it has elements of mobas mixed with fps-like gameplay

we have lots of hitscan gun using heroes though…I want something diversed like a flame thrower, primary sword weilding, harpoon type gun etc

Why is it that you chose to lock Brigitte until the next season…
Why can’t we just keep the timer the way it is now? And then you could do it for the next hero and line up the release with season 11?

This is a good question. Obviously by the time a hero comes out we’ve done more playtesting on it than anyone else, so we generally have some things on our ‘watch list’ for any given hero.

For Brigitte there are a few things we’re keeping a close eye on.

• Is there too much max health gain potential now? Is Torb/Brigitte/Sym going to be some crazy thing where you stack Tracer up with so much health she becomes nearly unkillable for example?
  • Is her ultimate too strong? The fact that half of it can linger indefinitely and how powerful armor can be in the game, it might just be too strong overall.
  • Her stun burst combo. Even though she has fairly low DPS across the game as a whole, she can put out quite a bit of damage if you shield bash -> melee -> whip shop and it is fairly safe since they can’t really act until they are flying away from you.

This list is mostly a ‘this might be OP’ list, but there are other things we really want to keep an eye on such as making sure her Inspire passive feels useful and powerful, and making sure her ultimate is worth using in combat instead of only outside of combat for the lingering armor.

31 Likes

but it’s literally a first person shooter game primarily, it was advertised as such and mechanically and technically speaking it is an FPS game to its core with MOBA elements, not the other way around since other way around isn’t possible…

1 Like

Are you planning on doing more Q&A posts like this one?

3 Likes

I have a question about buffing/nerfing, as we will most likely see the topics on Brigitte when she goes LIVE on competitive mode.

Who’s opinion is the most valuable to you when it comes to this. Is it the pro’s and Overwatch League - or is it people like me, who play this game daily in ladder and enjoy seeing more heroes used than just Tracer, Genji, Winston, D.va etc?

We recently saw Sombra getting a buff. A deserved one. Now you’re nerfing her within 3 weeks of her buff. Not much time to adapt, learn counterplay etc. Is it because the pro’s talked to you about it?

9 Likes

Are you concerned with the fact that buffing all these heroes, now Reaper and Mei, is hurting Reinhardt? He’s been a victim of powercreep over the past years, with all the mobility tanks generally outclassing him and a lot of his counters being buffed (Reaper, Mei, Doomfist, Junkrat).
Do you find this concerning? Do you think Brigitte can alleviate this in any way?

1 Like

Ok thanks everyone, we have to wrap this one up!

The good news is Brigitte is rolling out to the live game as we speak so you guys should be able to just go play her!

As always, keep the feedback coming!

48 Likes

Thank you, Geoff!! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

this. everything about this

Shame we didn’t get to see adressing on the buff/nerf situation.

pls tell if there is a possibility of a melee dps in future :frowning:

True, but some of us still have to wait another 5-6 weeks to play her competitively. :sob:

What situation would that be?

I was referring to this:

1 Like

So you’ve translated “den är paj” to “this is pie”. Isn’t it suppose to be “it’s broken”

This Q&A was amazing!
I absolutely loved it!