Raid boss tanks kill any fun

i got banned for a month, come back and this raid boss tank crap is still as soul sucking as ever.

a bad tank player can 1v1 and beat a good dps player, it is so stupid.

tanks never die, i am getting ptsd flashbacks to goats. every game is literally just ignore tank and dive backline. goodbye overwatch 2, just like blizzard itself you are a shell of what once was.

28 Likes

I’d take OW 1 back if it means I can atleast somewhat threaten a dva and not have her get free constant dives uncontestable :joy:

16 Likes

Yeah this is absurd. How can a role be so superior to the others…

5 Likes

Deathmatch was one of the last few modes I had fun with in this game and now it’s a complete joke. If you want to have free reign over the whole lobby just pick any tank character.

3 Likes

Nah, Rein, JQ and doom are not that dominating in ffa deathmatch games when i see them.

4 Likes

Have you tried using Zen?

4 Likes

It depends, rein can unironically work because of his cancel charge, making him great at closing distance which was his primary weakness in ow1, I know because I’ve done it before, JQ requires good aim and you stomp any dps, her overheal and small hitbox (for a tank) gives her a good advantage. And doom, yeah I’ll be real he sucks. I’ve never seen a doom player even hit top 4

2 Likes

OW1 D.Va vs OW2 D.Va is 100 more armor. 50 more health. In exchange, you have one less tank. So, you only have to deal with D.Va and not D.Va and Rein or D.Va and Winston. You net an entire tank less damage and about 500 HP less on the battle field. Plus at least 600 DMG less mitigation per team.

Overall, a single tank is slightly more powerful than OW1, but the tank role is about 40% less strong with only one tank.

Edit: fixed a mistake

Corrected: it should be +50 hp not +100 armor. (credit: DmonDiff) Thanks to SlashedSkull on markdown advice.

5 Likes

Imagine if two OW1 tanks ganged up and focused on you. That’s what is going on in OW2, but in the form of one tank. That is because one player is given the task of playing an entire role, the task of playing two players worth of characters. The role itself is actually nerfed because these two players can no longer be in two places at once or doing two different things at once. It’s two players worth of power that dies when a tank dies. The role itself is nerfed in the way that it can no longer produce annoying double shields.

You are supposed to gang up on a tank with overwhelming odds, separate him from his team, or assault him if he charges in without help. You are not supposed to 1v1 a tank. You should, with the backing of your other teammates, focus on taking down a few of the other enemy players first before their tank. Do so, and the tank will easily die, since their power is so reliant on setting up space for their DPS to shoot you, and being sustained by their supports. Which is why your team needs to aggressively invade that “safe space” being “enforced” by the tank and focus on other individual enemies before taking on the tank itself.

Preferred attacking order:

Enemies separated from their team → Bastion (HARD focus) → supports (especially Mercy to deny rez) → DPS (go for the carry first, if there is one) → the tank.

Always was the OW1 gameplay loop and (hopefully) always will be the gameplay loop in OW2. Also, don’t be the last player to leave the objective if your team needs to hold it (C9).

8 Likes

Yeah true but 100 more armor for a total of 400 armor that now reduces like a flat 30%(?) Or so damage that comes in instead of whatever they had going on in OW 1 combined with like a 3 second defense matrix
And that combined with boosters so she can follow you everywhere and very good burst damage/combos
Im not gonna sit here and think of nerfs or whatever but yeah I simply preferred OW 1 where I atleast had a chance :moyai:

3 Likes

i dont mind this 5v5 format with role queue but it does seem to ruin arcade modes and of course open queue. imo maybe some people like goats mode in arcade :person_shrugging:

tanks are finally fun

they dont need nerfs, other tanks like JQ and doom need buffs

3 Likes

Specifically Roadhog.

No it’s + 50 hp and same amount of armor (300).

300 armor total.

Can we get Dva’s stats right please :sob:

6 Likes

I forget: did they also change up the armor damage reduction algorithn again for OW2, like they did with shields (“over shields” or whatever it is called now) or am I confusing that with the armor damage reduction changes made earlier?

No the shields and armor stack is the same. Just the 30% reduction on what armor remains.

5 Likes

Wait Didn’t she already have 300?

2 Likes

Yep lol. It was moved to 200 which killed her in beta 1 and then brought back to 300. So same as it was before launch of ow2 anyway.

4 Likes

Oh okay good to know

Oh my god. They pretty much got rid of barriers and reduced the number of tanks in a match by one. Meanwhile, the tanks have HUGE hitboxes that you’d have to be blind to miss, and are only deadly at close range.

You people will never be happy unless the tanks melt in less than 2 seconds like they did in OW1

13 Likes