Quitting Until Ana Is Nerfed

Ana is a sniper that doesn’t have to worry about headshots or charge times and has a grenade

She’s my favorite sniper

1 Like

It’s funny because Doomfist is actually one of the best to put Ana down and stop her from using those abilities, but he’s hard countered by them at the same time. Trying to fight Ana as a tank blows

3 Likes

It’s poorly designed Counterplay.

https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1018273/Counterplay-and-Teamplay-in-Multiplayer

Even hog after the change isnt as hard countered, due to being about to toggle his heal.

Ana still is good agaist him but he is better agaist her now then before.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they can’t simply halve the duration for tanks like they did for knockbacks etc

Honestly, thank GOD that sleep exists for Doomfist. It’s literally the only support ability that reasonably causes him to have to consider his actions. Otherwise, it’s free kill simulator unless Tank/DPS are directly countering him.

3 Likes

Who is this “Ana” character?

She sounds a lot like the Ana character I play in game, with identical sounding abilities, except this forum Ana’s abilities just literally delete the tank and can’t be waited out, baited, blocked, or otherwise negated and just results in free guaranteed teamfight win every 12-14 seconds.

This forum Ana I’ve never seen sounds almost as unfun to play against as Widow and Hanzo, except the latter two actually exist.

3 Likes

Forum ana, and forum mercy, single handly heal 500HPS and deal 1000 DPS and have 100% hit rate

2 Likes

I play Ana when I get the support role, and shield tanks along with DVA DM make me think twice before unloading the bio-nade. Agreed that she is a must-pick vs. Hog and Mauga / Maui, because every time Ana is not one of the supports, these two become 10x worse to play against.

3 Likes

Good question. This is from almost 4 years ago:

I think giving heros personalities was the big mistake. They were meant to be used as tools for the best situation instead of forcing a square into a round hole.

See you again never.

I think with this is that as a whole yes they do work, but they aren’t very reliable because as a tank you can’t just hold on to these defensive abilites for just one or two abilities, you do that then you’re going to die anyways, and a lot of these are things will require you to predict when the ana is going to use her abilities since you aren’t going to be able to react.

So the problem with Ana’s abilites is that they create a lose/lose scenario just by existing and the only way to work around it is if Ana simply chosees not to use them on you which uhh gokd luck with that

I think Tbf tho what they’re talking about definitely applies to Hog and Maugu who can’t block, dodge or cleanse themselves of her abilities and it can definitely get them killed. But the other tanks you can argue as hyperbole

So your solution is to never lower your shield ever?

So your solution is to save your leap and bubble for Ana’s nade? Which means literally never engage as a dive tank?

Nade isn’t blocked by spin, hurl it at the ground in front of spin and Orisa still gets purpled. Orisa also relies insanely a lot on healing.

Shield uptime is absolutely terrible and nothing he has in nemesis mode blocks sleep. Let alone nade. Also, sleep literally shuts down his entire ultimate with almost 0 recourse since he’s got no way of stopping it during ult.

Ana is considered a massive Ram counter, with good reason.

Shout does nothing to protect her from nade, which is ESPECIALLY harmful to Queen because she relies on self-healing to survive. Also, “small hitbox for a tank” doesn’t change the fact that she has almost no mobility. Idk how you think that protects her from nade, or even sleep. She’s not that small and she has to get right up in people’s face to do anything.

Ball and doom both have moments where they HAVE to stand relatively still/predictable (ball when he’s pounding, Doom when he’s powerblocking) and they’re totally vulnerable to it.

You just named two dive tanks, and dive is supposed to counter Ana.

Even 2/12 tanks having NO counterplay is a problem. Especially if a hero is in 90% of matches on both sides. Having a sixth of the roster being totally inaccessible almost the entire time is stupid.

And you’re wrong, btw. She’s at the very least a nasty counter to Hog, Mauga, Rammatra, Queen, Ball, Doomfist, and Orisa. That’s more than 50% of the tank roster.

1 Like

Are you announcing that you are leaving Overwatch permanently?

Goodbye, JawathePwn :saluting_face:

1 Like

Roadhog buff allow him more room to play against Ana, so he isn’t so hard counter anymore.

Mauga, I would also argue isn’t as helpless if he knows to run away often. Issue is almost all metal rank Mauga only knows how to tank and spank, and tries to tank through the anti.

Sure GMs Roadhog and Mauga dies to anti, but it is not all the time the second they are anti if anyone bother watching the GMs’ stream.

Ana’s nade is a death sentence for supports and dps. Not for tanks that have a bazillion hp and damage mitigation ablities lol.

If you miss baiting/blocking nade (skill issue) you can always lift your shield after you get naded and survive. it’s 3 seconds. And if you have full hp, honestly you can even continue swinging purple and only lift your shield when you’re down to 40%.

Above masters Ana’s wont even waste a nade on winston (unless he’s below 20%). Winston shiled to block Ana’s sleep. Ana on the other hand has to predict when he’s about to jump out and block it with sleep, bewcause if she does it before - winston survives and manages to bait out 2 of Ana’s main abiltities - and she’s easy pickings for his team.

Damage is blocked. If Orisa aint taking damage, than what does it matter if she’s purple or not - she aint taking damage…

Again he has 2 abilities to survive damage after getting naded. And again, unless he’s naded below 20% health he doesn’t even have to use them.

1 Like

Tank players when a character can slow them down or temporarily stop them from doing whatever and whenever they want the entire match and whining like they don’t have the defensive abilities, health, and support from their own team to survive both sleep and anti better and more often than everyone else on their team.

Imagine whining about playing the TANK role and being upset you have to TANK certain abilities because as a TANK, you are both equipped and expected to TANK these abilities for your team.

2 Likes

Then I hope you have a good vacation! Take this time to settle back, get into some real hobbies, and regain a stable mental state. Unlike you, most of us (tank players) don’t have the mental will to extract ourselves from this game, and are willing to suffer in the meanwhile. See you next year, I guess.