Queue times force you to play tank

I like it because it forces players to explore different roles if they want a quick queue, and a lot of dps mains could really benefit by playing other roles.

which in the end also means the overall playerbase shrinks aswell which can’t be wished for a game you’re dedicated to. At least not for me

I mean I’d love to see new and engaging tanks and supports brought in and that will also help, I just don’t see the need from Blizzard’s perspective to bend over backward to make the dps queue experience a priority. When I play DPS I know it means I’m going to sit a while, so I just bring a book to my desk. (Although if they’d let us use practice range while we queue, THAT would be poggers.)

Even as a main tank, 2/2/2 means now I play nothing else really.

Which has definitely made this game a lot less fun.

Right now, I’m just farming boxes and credits. I even rank higher as a DPS but who wants you to play at what I’m best at, right? Let’s just FILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Currently waiting almost 20 mins in que for dps.
Great rolls lock update ffs…

2 Likes

Fixed that for ya :wink:

Real talk though (i do love the token system actually that wasn’t a joke) they NEED to release more Tanks and supports in the game. Literally until tanks and supports get 10 Heroes or more it would be a travisty to release another dps. This has been an ongoing issue from day 1 that those 2 roles are lacking and Every Single Time they release a new DPS when the other roles are still lacking it’s an insult to Tank and Support Mains. And with this new system it will then become an insult to Literally every other Player as well.

You think DPS que times are bad now, wait til they release a New DPS Hero. Quickplay will have 18 minutes DPS que times and Gold will have 40 minutes DPS que time.

Mark my Words boys, Mark. My. Words.

How about …
JUST MAKE TANK AND HEALER GAMEPLAY MORE INTRESTING?
instead this kiddish solutions ?

1 Like

So everyone else has to play roles they don’t want to just so DPS’ times go down??? Yeah no thanks I’m good…

1 Like

Now support roles are taking time to find a match. From 6 to 12min.

I think a solution could be:

1. Just one SR.
  2. DON’T choose a role while queueing.
  3. When the match starts, then let people decide which roles they want to play, as long you get 2-2-2. If two people want to switch role mid or during match, let em do it.

The only issue of this solution I can think of, is having 3 or more people wanting to choose dps. Which will bring throwers, leavers, toxicity… But I mean all of these already exist with or without 2-2-2.

222 is still much better than 3-5 people fighting over who gets to dps…

I think all roles are fun and tbh 10min wait is fine.

1 Like

The match would literally never start…

Nobody is forcing you… it’s more of a “you have to go to college longer if you want to be a doctor” situation.

It’s not up to you to determine how Overwatch is meant to be played.

That’s up to the devs, and they’ve decided 222 is how it’s meant to be played.

I for one love 222 as it means I no longer have to solo tank with 3+ DPS on the team.

I only became a tank player because of 3+ DPS comps in the first place.

Tank and Support gameplay already are interesting, especially with the variety of tanks and supports currently on offer.

If you don’t find them so then they’re probably not a good fit for you.

Sure it is. Thats why 90% overwatch competitive games dont want to play tank and healers.
And thats why we have 12min dps queue.
You are right for sure.

It’s always amusing when people make up percentages to try and support their failing argument :slight_smile:

It’s always amusing when people make up nothing to try and support their failing argument

No one is forcing anyone to play anything … the question is are you willing to wait 10min+ to play dps?

What are you on about?

You’re the one that pulled 90% from nowhere, hence you’re the one making things up.

You are the one that cant in Math BibleThump