Queue Times are Outrageous

These queue times are outrageous. Typing this while in queue which is currently 20:05. Something needs to be done because I would rather get smoked by someone than wait this long.

In a stack?
Role?
Mode?

1 Like

3 stack, plat 1 to gold 3, competitive role queue.

We waited 21 minutes then stopped and tried again to make sure it was glitched. The 2nd queue got to 10 minutes and they decided to play MLB the show instead.

Yeah it’s broken
If it says you’re a wide group, don’t even bother queuing until they get it fixed

Wide stack. Known bug.

1 Like

Is it a bug that they plan on fixing?

They can’t fix it because it’s not a bug. The changes simply showed that the game can’t possibly find properly matched teams for a lot of stacks unless the gaps are filled with people of many different SR levels, kind of like quickplay where the focus of the matchmaker is to find the quickest possible group of 10 players that can be put into a lobby, with the obvious consequences of lower quality matches. It’s also a self-inflicted problem for Blizzard, because they abandoned the game in favor of a promise that was never fulfilled and they left OW1 on a patch that ruined the incredibly good balance achieved only months prior with a different patch that was universally accepted as good. Then they released a free to play, watered down version of OW that can’t be balanced without introducing more limitations for players in terms of gameplay. This whole thing called OW2 needs to be scrapped and Blizzard knows it, but Microsoft does want to recoup some of that $69 billion price it paid for what amounts to the worst value game company out there.

So…it’s just Blizzard trying to take a free to play turd and turn it into something that can at least pay for itself, which it currently isn’t able to do. Also, with Marvel Rivals on the way there is this added pressure that Blizzard isn’t familiar with called competition. We’ll see how it turns out, but when you’ve driven players away for years, destroyed what made the original game fun, and driven out most of the talent at the company…it’s kind of hard to believe they can make a miracle happen. You’re watching the beginning of the end for Overwatch 2, and possibly the brand as a whole.

2 Likes

I dont like constantly facing teams that are 2 plus ranks above me. If you dont like long queue times dont pair up with friends with massive skill gaps between them in a competitive match in a dying game,

1 Like

game’s dead my guy, move on

1 Like

TBH im addicted… I tried other games they all feel flats.

We were playing plat 1 to gold 3, that’s fair IMO

In what sense?

Money? No
Playerbase? No (even on steam they are still increasing)

You basing this purely on wide queues being a bit scuffed and you no enjoying the game?

Its not a bug. game has never been so good before. Majority of players play solo. You wanna play with friends. thats fine…But solo players were sick to death of groups of 3-4-5 stacks in voicecom/playstation chat/discord together against random solo players. and then they used to go EZZZZZZZZZZ, DIFFF etc. You wanna play with friends, thats fine, but expect to wait to be matched against the same aount of stacks

2 Likes

That is certainly the plan. But they’ve already admitted it’s a little scuffed and sometimes not finding games when it should.

It’s a good addition. It just needs a little tweaking.

Let me guess, 2 queueing for DPS and 1 queueing for support.

1 Like