Questions about the forums

Ok… well my point is that Tracer (and the football teams) were just examples to help illustrate the answer I was giving to your initial post.

You’re welcome to your opinion about Tracer (I disagree :wink:) but it’s not really relevant to this thread or your question if that makes sense :thinking:

The forums primarily use Markdown syntax to stylize your text but you can use some HTML script and BBCode Syntax as well, I have a detailed guide available in the World of Warcraft forums here:

perfectly balanced

inhumanly good players make her seem like broken but she was never a problem in 99.8% of ranks stat wise

if she was then it would be obvious but yet it never was, stat-wise, always abysmally lower winrates in higher ranks than other top picked heroes

only players like dafran made her seem broken but dafran also made soldier feel broken when he was not

Ok it seems like suggestions that Tracer is broken and has played a significant role in the problems this game has is bit of a trigger for you… :eyes: just focus on the parts that don’t mention Tracer.

Well for example someone would necro a thread with the name “Mercy is OP” for trolling just to figure out that its about the Moth Meta. The topic is irrelevant and gains traction for all the wrong reasons

no trigger whatsover

just a baseless accusation with no grounds in reality

it’s what the forum overrepresented support and tank mains want to believe, not what is true

I didn’t even know reviving old forums or “necro-ing” was a thing! lol. But man, an interesting question u brought up here. Not readin any1 else’s texts, my opinion on the matter: Imagine if we brought back a bunch of old forums mixed with the new ones being made now. Would it rly be ideal to bring back some of those topics? Would it even b a good idea to do so? In my opinion, I think the old posts that were made should simply b left alone and if u need to say somethin, make a new post on the matter, as it doesn’t bring up confusion and it gives u less likely chances to get in trouble on the forums for “resurrecting” an old topic. It’s easier, less confusing, and just better in my opinion.

For this fun one, I think it’s relatable to Youtube. Just, less videos and more chatter. But still has that random-ish feeling that Youtube tends to have. U dunno what ur gonna encounter. U could look up one post supporting the design of Genji, then in another post, it could talk bout how garbage Cassidy is, or in another post, it could b talkin bout technical issues in OW, then see a diff post saying how bad Genji is…It’s kind of random, while still mostly sticking to the topic that is OW-related. Youtube is just a broader version of such, in my opinion. Just more videos, and less chatter.

Actually reading the other posts now, it seems like we have a similar idea, some-what.

It is pretty rare to come across since old posts get sent down the list the older they become and the less activity on them…

There are 2 terms that people use for the forums. But yeah, Necro threads can be an honest mistake too.

Some forums they ask folks to look for old threads and just use those. while others like this one. Want people to make a new thread on the same topic.

Mercy Topic will always remain #1 on here, Just because there is 2 major opinions on her.

1 side wants Mercy reverted, while the other does not. Then they both gaslight one another into believing that somehow their opinion is correct and the other side is crazy. :stuck_out_tongue: .

It’s interesting because if you do the same thing on an answer database site like StackOverflow, they’ll barrage you with old posts answering the same question, so I could see how having that feature might be confusing to people who only come here rarely.

Seems like it would be good to get rid of.

Now I think about it, in like two years somebody is going to necro this thread as an absolute joke to everyone involved.

1 Like

I wish that threads on this forum would auto-lock after 6 or 9 months. As others mentioned, the vast majority of the time the old thread contains information that is no longer relevant. This would be a great QoL here, preventing accidents/trolling.

I actually nearly revived a like three year old thread, before the warning message appeared. Which I obviously decided not to because I realized the age of the thread.
I think some threads don’t have to autolock… there is a whole thread that is still going from several years ago:

Maybe it should be a default button you can turn off on a post? Obviously default since 99% of threads just become outdated eventually.

I agree that there are some exceptions to be made. It’s just the 97% of the time threads that are necroed are essentially out of date. Maybe the mods could make certain threads postable if the issue is still being continuously commented on.

It’s like the perfect setup.

Warning: Some bad words.

Also:

Post in an old thread. Get flamed for necroposting.
Start a new thread. Get flamed for NOT posting in an existing thread.

No-win scenario.

I realized I had music playing and it lined up perfectly with when they first said “posting and you”
“posting and you” “have nothing to do” Well it’s not wrong.
Lmao

A thread talking about necroing!

Take your bets everyone, how long before this gets Necro’ed?

And then Timmy, learning about necroing, necroed this post. In 2024.

(More likely 2099)

Hey Andy,

Could you please look into this issue, where players who are blocked by the host, are still able to rejoin the LFG group.

Thanks

the irony of necroing a thread asking about necroing threads.