Question: How to Switch Servers

The game is nearly unplayable. I just want to be on the correct server but I don’t even know if that’s the problem. How do I test to see if I’m on the correct server for PS5? If that is possible and it is indeed the problem, how do I switch to the correct one?

I should be connecting to ORD (I’m in Philly). Sadly I can’t contact my ISP because I live in an apartment and I don’t think my landlord would be cool with me bothering him with wifi crap for a video game. Any and all help appreciated.

I am considering reaching out to a news outlet because I can’t write a ticket to Blizzard without a file; since my game isn’t crashing and I’m on console there isn’t anything to attach. I can’t believe it’s been almost a week of terrible gameplay that’s out of our control and they’ve been silent.

The game doesn’t include any controls to select your server at this time. As for connection issues, those would need to be handled through the ISP. They are responsible for where your connection is routed, which then determines server placement. It’s out of Blizzard’s hands entirely.

Note: I am a volunteer.

Thank you for the info, I appreciate your help. Sadly, as I mentioned, I can’t realistically contact the ISP because my landlord definitely wouldn’t be willing to help me out with this. Guess I just have to wait for the next season and hope something changes…

If your internet service is included in your rent, then asking the landlord to help you figure out a problem with it is very reasonable. If you’re getting access for free, then yeah, I wouldn’t bug them.

1 Like

Understood, again I appreciate it.